Colin Powell dead.

Soldato
because he died from covid despite being fully vaccinated.

whether it's intended to be sincere or comedic it's incredibly poor form.
still don't get what calling those who take the vaccine lemmings has to do with anything. but i see the original post has been deleted and swept under the carpet to avoid having to force the poster to answer the questions his post posed. which in all likelihood the poster could not do or had he done would have resulted in suspension or permanent ban for them.

Soldato
because he died from covid despite being fully vaccinated.

Powell was fighting Parkinson's disease. He died of covid complications - which basically means his system was so compromised by the Parkinson's that his body wasn't capable of producing enough antibodies to the vaccine for it to be effective.

He was killed by a combination of the two and this in no way supports any crack-pot theories about the vaccine being ineffective.

Commissario
If we can keep this on topic.
I deleted the precious posts because i don't want it derailed completely by a very misguided comment.

I may not have agreed with his politics at all, but Colin Powell achieved a massive amount and helped path the way for a lot of others at a time when just being born who he was would have been a major impediment.

Powell was fighting Parkinson's disease. He died of covid complications - which basically means his system was so compromised by the Parkinson's that his body wasn't capable of producing enough antibodies to the vaccine for it to be effective.

He was killed by a combination of the two and this in no way supports any crack-pot theories about the vaccine being ineffective.

RIP

Parkinson's will not affect the immune system.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

No, but the multiple myeloma (cancer of the blood plasma cells) will have affected it.

I may not have agreed with his politics at all, but Colin Powell achieved a massive amount and helped path the way for a lot of others at a time when just being born who he was would have been a major impediment.

My thoughts exactly. He leaves behind a complicated legacy, but a legacy nonetheless.

Soldato
RIP

Studies have shown that Parkinson's is strongly correlated with an already broken immune system. My basic point stands - the combination of Parkinson's and Covid killed him, where as without Parkinson's he may well have lived. Of course the combination of being 84 and having Covid could have killed him too.

Soldato

i do agree.

however regardless of the how, he's now passed, RIP.

Caporegime
Studies have shown that Parkinson's is strongly correlated with an already broken immune system. My basic point stands - the combination of Parkinson's and Covid killed him, where as without Parkinson's he may well have lived. Of course the combination of being 84 and having Covid could have killed him too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/us/politics/colin-powell-dead.html

A spokeswoman said his immune system had been compromised by multiple myeloma, for which he had been undergoing treatment. He had been due to receive a booster shot for his vaccine last week, she said, but had to postpone it when he fell ill.

Early stage Parkinson's wouldn't have been a significant contributing factor to his death, it's a movement disorder that makes someone a bit stiff in the early stages and is easily controlled with medication.

Back
Top Bottom