• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Yes its not much faster than a 3080 BUT when was the last time you could pick up a 3080 for £650 , hell even AIB 3080 are £1200 at the minute ...

Yeah, everything considered the 3080TI is not that bad considering one is not getting a 3080 for less than a grand, better getting it from Nvidia with a warranty than from some random scalper.

Soldato
Yes its not much faster than a 3080 BUT when was the last time you could pick up a 3080 for £650 , hell even AIB 3080 are £1200 at the minute ...

In my case I'd rather not bother. Frankly the price/performance of the next gen consoles is extremely compelling compared to these GPU prices.

I will continue to wait for a 3080 and if that never happens then I will continue with game streaming. More and more people will be thinking this and the damage to PC gaming will continue.

Soldato
I just managed to pick up a 3080ti FE from a competitor this morning for £1049. Won't name here obviously, but should be a nice replacement for my 3070 which will be hitting the members market sometime next week..... :D

Associate
I just managed to pick up a 3080ti FE from a competitor this morning for £1049. Won't name here obviously, but should be a nice replacement for my 3070 which will be hitting the members market sometime next week..... :D

Congratulations, drop is lasting a while, either demand is dropping or they have a bigger number of cards than usual.

Associate
Yeah, everything considered the 3080TI is not that bad considering one is not getting a 3080 for less than a grand, better getting it from Nvidia with a warranty than from some random scalper.

In todays market its actually a good deal imo , it offers 98% of a 3090 performance but doesn't come with a 3090 price tag which at the min is anywhere from £1400 to £2500 and people are still paying that amount for 3090. yes next to a £650 3080 it doesn't look such a good deal BUT the 3080FE cards are so few and far between that you risk never getting a card if you have your heart set on a £650 FE. performance wise these are probably the next best thing if you are after 3080 or more level performance for a reasonable price ... yes they are all expensive but at least its not £1700 +.

In my case I'd rather not bother. Frankly the price/performance of the next gen consoles is extremely compelling compared to these GPU prices.

I will continue to wait for a 3080 and if that never happens then I will continue with game streaming. More and more people will be thinking this and the damage to PC gaming will continue.

Ive got a PS5 and while it is an awesome console it wont provide the clout a 3080 Ti would , i hope you can source a 3080 for a decent price but doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon as its been over 40days since its last drop and then there is talk of Nvidia changing the whole line up and probably prices with that :rolleyes: i do hope the price sort themselves out but in reality looks like its only on a one way journey :(

Soldato
Ive got a PS5 and while it is an awesome console it wont provide the clout a 3080 Ti would , i hope you can source a 3080 for a decent price but doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon as its been over 40days since its last drop and then there is talk of Nvidia changing the whole line up and probably prices with that :rolleyes: i do hope the price sort themselves out but in reality looks like its only on a one way journey :(

Yeh I don't disagree but I guess I'm in a position where I can wait it out without worrying. The trend does not look great though which is a shame.

Associate
Not sure I'd want to spend £1050 on a card that will have 4060ti performance this time next year.

At this rate the 4060ti will be costing £1050 :cry: i suppose its a bit like last gen had to pay £1200+ for a 2080Ti but if your lucky enough can now get a 3070Ti FE for £550 that will better it in performance

Soldato
At this rate the 4060ti will be costing £1050 :cry: i suppose its a bit like last gen had to pay £1200+ for a 2080Ti but if your lucky enough can now get a 3070Ti FE for £550 that will better it in performance
Nah the next gen cards while they may have slightly higher MSRP the actually AIB prices won't be much higher as there will be a lot of ex mining cards hitting the used market by next summer.

Associate
Nah the next gen cards while they may have slightly higher MSRP the actually AIB prices won't be much higher as there will be a lot of ex mining cards hitting the used market by next summer.
Not saying you are wrong but ive been hearing about this "ex mining cards" hitting the market since nearly the beginning of the year and here we are, its almost end of the year and the situation hasnt gotten any better.

Associate

I doubt mining will be going away next summer, people will switch from ETH to some other coin and carry on mining... profits wont be as good but it wont be stopping all of a sudden. The AIB prices need to come down as these are the prices that are out of whack being nearly X2 msrp, the FE cards are pretty reasonable as they are but yeah that wont be for long as Nvida are not stupid and want a bigger piece of the pie.

Associate
hard to predict the future, might even be able to sell these current cards for profit next year and upgrade for free for all we know, 1080TI users certainly managed that 4 years later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom