Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
Will keep an eye out thanks. The Hub 4 hasn't been out that long so wonder if its one for non 1Gig users or something. Still rocking the SH2ac here so being very cautious with replacements when offered :D

Caporegime
Someone on cableforum speculated

So, nothing seems to have been officially announced. The picture you've posted looks similar to the new mini TV box, so seems legit.

Previously they have rebranded and reboxed Arris Touchstone devices. If this is what they have done again, then this could well be a TG9452 - seems the most likely upgrade path.

This would provide 1x2.5GbE port, 802.11ax wifi, and most excitingly, a BCM3390 SoC rather than the intel puma trash of the hub 3 + 4.

Here's hoping!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Some info coming tomorrow it seems.

A spokesperson for VMO2 has confirmed to ISPreview.co.uk that the HUB 5 is indeed “coming,” but more details won’t be released until tomorrow. We will of course update this article once that happens.

Associate
I just checked my online account and see an upgrade offer from M100 to M350 for £5 extra a month.

For me that's £29.99 a month and if I understand it begins a new 18 month contract from upgrade date. I've 6 months left on my current contract.

Does it sound reasonable?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just checked my online account and see an upgrade offer from M100 to M350 for £5 extra a month.

For me that's £29.99 a month and if I understand it begins a new 18 month contract from upgrade date. I've 6 months left on my current contract.

Does it sound reasonable?
Yeah that does seem reasonable. Some have managed to get it cheaper when out of contract based on comments I have read, but generally if you can’t be asked to haggle that is a good price. I am on M200 for £25 myself which is plenty fast. I was offered the M350 for £30 but did not see the point due to M200 being enough for my needs for now.

Associate
Yeah that does seem reasonable. Some have managed to get it cheaper when out of contract based on comments I have read, but generally if you can’t be asked to haggle that is a good price.
It sounded not bad to us so went for it. Will be quite a boost and secures another lengthy discounted contract. I hate the end of term dance with virgin with a passion anyhow.

Associate
I am about to go for the 1Gbps upgrade (from M600) and currently on an SH3. I wonder if I should see if I can get an SH5 instead of SH4, but am concerned about firmware glitches on new kit based on previous experience!

I only use modem mode so the WiFi updates aren't relevant. My pfSense appliance has 6 x 1Gbps ports with a LAGG to my core switch and I've read I can use to my pfSense box with two ports to the SH4 to get the full overall bandwidth (need to do some more research on this) so for now there may be little effective difference for me.

Soldato
Given it’s only just been announced, the odds of getting one at this stage are pretty low for anyone. I suppose it’s time to re-visit the low end Intel NBASE-T debacle and see if the 3rd chipset revision of the i225 was as useless as the first two before over paying for a better card :(

Soldato
So I'm currently with virgin and pay for 500mb but with their supervolt offer apparently if I have an O2 sim I can get a free speed upgrade with virgin, but will does that include their 1gb package?

Back
Top Bottom