• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Remastered - 6900xt beat by 3060 12GB :[

Soldato
Nice derail, why has this thread now turned into SC shilling. :confused:

It's becoming the norm on this forum recently, be happy they didn't turn it into another mining thread.:cry: But it's turning into another FC6 thread slowly too..

(wish they would just believe the game FC6 is broken by design, patches will be out once everyone has realised the game is meeh and people stop buying it, the AMD, Nvidia, Intel games will never end it seems even after being exposed many times in the past and even fined for it)..

Associate
If Epic do another 10 quid coupon I'll maybe pick up the second providing it takes it down to about 7.50. Not sure I'd pay any more than that though for a game I already have.

Not sure whether anyone's responded directly yet but it's £17.50 ATM so would end up as £7.50 with the voucher. I think it's a general sale price, but then again could be a discount applied to me as I have the remaster of the first game (in the same way purchase of the trilogy is ruled out on my account). I'm debating picking it up.

Thanks, don't know if i want to give Digital Foundry any of my viewing time tho, its likely to be laced with green.

According to the DF video the game looks very good without RT, and medium RT is sufficient to get the experience without losing as many frames. No idea what RDNA2 performance is like as they compared an RTX 2060 to a 5700, and did point out the poor performance with RT of the latter was down to the software path being used. Without RT the 2060 was faster by around 12% (green team sponsored as it is). More of a minimum requirements performance analysis.

Last edited:
Associate
Do any of you lads think there will be a Crysis 4 or some sort of new story based on it.
Rumours are there will be a Crysis 4 depending upon the overall reception to this Crysis trilogy. They first tested the waters with the Crysis 1 remastered. It sold okay enough to green light the 2 and 3 remasters and they put much more effort here so that it sells even more. If it sells enough, Crysis 4 is supposed to be green lit. Since they are strapped for cash at the moment, it’s also why the game is only on Epic so they get more cut of the sales.

Caporegime
According to the DF video the game looks very good without RT, and medium RT is sufficient to get the experience without losing as many frames. No idea what RDNA2 performance is like as they compared an RTX 2060 to a 5700, and did point out the poor performance with RT of the latter was down to the software path being used. Without RT the 2060 was faster by around 12% (green team sponsored as it is). More of a minimum requirements performance analysis.

Soldato
Does anyone have this game? i'm interested to know how much better it looks than the original and what difference RT makes to it?

I have, The RT reflections make very little difference to be honest, Looks nice but it's not a game changer in this title, Now if they included Nvidia RTGI then that would've made a huge difference along with the RT reflections.

Just my opinion.

Shilling? Where?

Anything that easily upsets people is labelled shilling apparently.

Soldato
I know but just seems like they severely limited themselves and made a lot of headaches for themselves going with the engine they are currently using, Yes I know it can be upgraded partly over time but there is a limit, A lot of the problems we are seeing is because of their choice of engine.

Well, I'm no developer, so don't know which one would have fitted better. Is not like there is a game engine suited for that :) Even Crytek had relatively small levels within their own engine - compared to Kingdom Come, For instance.

Soldato
With performance like those games won't be coming to the consoles anytime soon!
Short & sweet

That looks pretty decent tbh. Most examples of Ray Tracing I've seen haven't really resulted in much of a visual upgrade (exception being Cyberpunk) but that really showcases what Ray Tracing has to offer, shame the performance hit is so big though.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well, I'm no developer, so don't know which one would have fitted better. Is not like there is a game engine suited for that :) Even Crytek had relatively small levels within their own engine - compared to Kingdom Come, For instance.

If only Crysis had AI of the caliber of Doom Eternal. Plus like Doom Eternal, horde mode could also be done for Crysis 4.

Back
Top Bottom