Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Ive pre ordered the standard 6 too. Moving from a Huawei.

Great deal on at the moment too with them Bose headphones. Effectively making the phone £3-400 if you sell them on.

The headphones are really decent too. I got the Bose QC35s with the Pixel 5 last year and my wife bought some NC700s at about the same time. They're both excellent pairs of cans but the NC700s are a lot more modern.

The headphones are really decent too. I got the Bose QC35s with the Pixel 5 last year and my wife bought some NC700s at about the same time. They're both excellent pairs of cans but the NC700s are a lot more modern.
What are the differences? As i am the same as you, I have last years p5, and will get the headset from this years and unsure which to keep if there's any real difference between them

Soldato
Ive pre ordered the standard 6 too. Moving from a Huawei.

Great deal on at the moment too with them Bose headphones. Effectively making the phone £3-400 if you sell them on.

10% cash back for google one members too.

dayum, it’s a tasty deal they have served up for this launch.

Associate
I ordered the Google 30w on it's own as there is a cable in the box

Yeah, and me. £25 for the charger and case rounded it up to a nice £899. Still quite happy with that as a price for the full package. If the phone came with a pre installed screen protector I'd be even happier!

Looking forward to seeing what the case is like. Reviewers seen to like it and it seems any case goes well with any colour phone. Quite clever if Google have managed to pull it off.

Soldato
Is the camera in the 6 the same as the 6 Pro? Would the 6 be a step up from my galaxy s20 Fe?

I really liked the camera in the pixel 4xl I had, but the battery was abominable. Are they expecting this will be better?

What will the promo headphones roughly sell for?

Thinking about getting the 6 that's on hotukdeals

Is the camera in the 6 the same as the 6 Pro? Would the 6 be a step up from my galaxy s20 Fe?

I really liked the camera in the pixel 4xl I had, but the battery was abominable. Are they expecting this will be better?

What will the promo headphones roughly sell for?

Thinking about getting the 6 that's on hotukdeals

Last ones sold for about £180, and these are better, so I'd say £200 or more is a good shout.

6 and 6pro have the same cam, except the 6pro has an additional cam.

Battery on 5 is great so I imagine 6 will be too.

Soldato
The more I read the better this phone gets. The pricing just seems to generous, especially with the headphone deal.

I've just bit the bullet and topped my order up with a charger and case.

Soldato
Ordered the Pixel 6 in seafoam, the black looked fine but fancied something a bit different.

If you sign up for 2TB on Google One for a month for £7.99 you get 10% back in store credit, good for a case, charger etc. later on.

Soldato
The phone does not come with a charger. Have you guys ordered the Google one or going with something else?

I don't think I've taken a charger out of a new phone box and used it for about 3 years...

10% cash back for google one members too.

Yeah, this is on hardware, right? I did cancel and ordered through my brother to get this. Is it a code you can sell on to someone else in need or is it account credit?

As said, even conservative estimates of £150 for the headphones and £250 for my Pixel 5 mean you could argue it's only costing about £150 to upgrade (including the 10% voucher).

10% back in store credit, good for a case, charger etc. later on.

That's not a bad idea. A case and the wireless stand would be £34 instead of £94.

Associate
Unfortunately, Google did not unveil a lot of hardware details in its official blog, but thankfully, the details have found their way online and we now know it is a 5nm chip with a tri-cluster design, featuring two big ARM Cortex-X1 cores running at up to 2.8GHz, two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at up to 2.25GHz, and our Cortex-A55 cores running at up to 1.8 GHz.

It also comes with a Mali-G78 GPU with 20 GPU cores, custom TPU (NPU), and custom ISP, which is what gave Google all those fancy AI/ML features in photography.

Back
Top Bottom