Tragic death of Gabby Petito

Soldato
Help me out here - I can't find any info on him being charged with her death let alone convicted at this point... Guessing my google-fu skills are letting me down :(:confused:
He had an arrest warrant for card fraud, as he used Gabby's card after her disappearance. They didn't have enough evidence for murder, but that doesn't matter, as long as they could arrest him for something. They would have been building a case in the background for a murder arrest and charges.

Man of Honour
He had an arrest warrant for card fraud, as he used Gabby's card after her disappearance. They didn't have enough evidence for murder, but that doesn't matter, as long as they could arrest him for something. They would have been building a case in the background for a murder arrest and charges.

That doesn't prove he killed her - given the circumstances it is likely but Richie is pointing out people have already made that conclusion.

Technically he is still a person of interest.

Caporegime
OP
Help me out here - I can't find any info on him being charged with her death let alone convicted at this point... Guessing my google-fu skills are letting me down :(:confused:

A bit difficult to convict him over the killing if he's dead tbh...

Soldato
A bit difficult to convict him over the killing if he's dead tbh...

Very true but bear in mind that he hadn't even reached the threshold to be charged yet either which, had he been alive, puts him even further from a conviction.

Had there been sufficient evidence then the arrest warrant would be raised to include murder, not simply a comparably minor crime of card fraud.

Soldato
How does one leave their own dead body in a state of "human remains"?

I guess they aren't being specific and that could just be decomposition but I don't think we know enough to say he killed her yet. Someone may have killed the pair of them.

Soldato
Thanks, I try my best.

It's pretty clear he killed her, just wondered why you seem to be standing up for his 'innocent until proven guilty' rights now he is dead.

I'm keeping an open mind. That's different. I've been around the block enough times to know that, although Occam's Razor can be pretty accurate, you should never shut the door on other factors until evidence is known.

Edit: I suppose what I'm saying is that society these days have such short attention spans that they like to have everything tied up with a little bow on top as quickly as possible so they can satisfy themselves that the current "thing" is now done and they can move onto the next "thing" in their life.

Life isn't always as straightforward nor as dramatic as TV/media/Facebook et al would have you believe

Last edited:
Soldato
If it is him the story of his remains being near the entrance to the place is odd that the cops went past it.

Also the cops are saying that the area was previously submerged under water. But yet they had cadaver dogs all around that area.

Back
Top Bottom