What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Miracle Workers (Sky)
Blitzed all 3 seasons this week (20min episodes, 10 episodes each) and really enjoyed it. Comedy with some dark elements. The cast stays the same but each season is a new story/setting.

Season 1 - God. Steve Buscemi as God and Daniel Radcliffe is an angel working in the Prayers dept. God is fed up with Earth and decides to destroy it. Daniel wants to save Earth.
Season 2 - Dark Ages. Steve is a dad this time, quite happy in his work, his daughter is a genius and wants a better life but is generally ignored, Daniel is a prince and son of Peter Serafinowicz (King and evil warlord).
Season 3 - Oregon Trail. Steve is an outlaw, Daniel is a reverend. They head west. Episode 4 certainly shows a different side of Harry Potter.

Really hoping there is a season 4, I think its improved with each season.

Associate
Finished Spiral, a French Police drama, all eight seasons (2005-2020). It took a little while, 60 minute, 12 episodes per series, with the exception of the final, 10 episodes.

The series maintained the same quality throughout, avoided typical cop clichés; a genuine insight into the French judicial system and Paris (eye-opening). Highly recommended if you like euro thrillers and don't mind subtitles.

Man of Honour
I started watching Chernobyl again. It's a cracking series. Also a little poignent as it was one of the last things I watched with my mum before she passed away a couple of years ago.

Jarred Harris, as usual, is so good in it.

Associate
Finished Locke & Key Season 2.

Really enjoyed it (as good as the first season), glad its been renewed for a 3rd season. But.... I did get very frustrated with character decisions that were made throughout (which is common in most movies and TV series sadly). Like when one sibling finds something out critical, receives a text on their mobile from another sibling, about something else, and tells the friend they are with that they need to go home to tell the other siblings this crucial and earth shattering news...why not do what everyone else does and use their mobile phone (which they just received the darn text) and call them as they return home instead of delaying this news that could mean life or death!

I know it helps with scenes, overall story and character development, but dang it frustrates me.

Probably going to try the Steve Martin/Martin Short Only Murders In The Building series next on Disney+.

Soldato
The Watch on BBC iPlayer..... I actually quite enjoyed it despite some of the very weird randomness. never read any of the discworld books but i guess you can't have Pratchet characters without a bit of oddness thrown in even if it did apparently deviate quite a bit from the source material.

Soldato
We finally finished Squid Game, somewhat mixed feelings. Tried with with either subs or dubbed, that crazy mad woman was still crazy and mad with either.!
Some OTT acting and portrayal, perhaps that can be typical for Korean TV.?
Overall we are both glad that it is over.

Watching A Confession, based on true events about a killer and the work done to bring that person to justice. We are both enjoying the mini series.

Season 2 of All Creatures Great and Small, new version, is on the last episode and we have fully enjoyed that. Sad to see the actress Diana Rigg passed away, not making it to return to her role for the second series. Wonderful actress.

Soldato
Watch the first The Outlaws last night. New from Stephen Merchant with good cast (including Christopher Walken!) about a group doing community service in Bristol.

Started off like a sitcom but stretched out over an hour and got a bit more serious towards the end of the episode.

Not sure what it is aiming at. Will watch another though.

Back
Top Bottom