Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Weather is freaking me out, yesterday was warm nice and felt like i could go out in shorts and t-shirt. Today im out in full puffer jacket, double layered with thermals! WTF!

Man of Honour
I don't know if this will be a bad winter but I am begining to suspect it may be. Yesterday was 13.5 degrees C here and it was quite pleasant outside that started changing around mid afternoon when the temperature started dropping like a stone. By 21.00 last night it was 3.5 degrees and has more or less stayed there. Right now it's 3.4 degrees and snow is falling on the hills around us. It's really bitter outside and the snow is very early this year. Normally we get our first snow around 12th November. Looking at my weather station records, the last time there was snow this early was 2009 and that was a very bad winter (winter 2009/2010), the worst I have ever experienced in the UK. In february 2010 we had temperatures down to -28 degrees C at night and -18 degrees C during the day, 4 feet of snow with a very thick and hard layer of ice under it. We had so much snow that we were running out of places to put it when clearing the paths and road because of heavy fresh snowfall. The only other time I have experienced anything like that was the two winters I spent in the Falklands on top of a mountain.

As for rain, I actually like the sound of rain and find it relaxing. I quite often sit with the window open when it's raining hard to watch and listen to the rain. Yeah, I know, weirdo but it relaxes me. If we get flooded up here (442 feet ASL) then we have bigger things to worry about.

Man of Honour
This is the first time I’ve ran all season tyres, so therefore it’ll be a mild snow free winter :)

Dilemma for me - I've currently got my truck on touring tyres - if I go to the expense and effort of changing for all season guarantee it'll be the mildest winter on record, if I don't it will probably be the wintriest we've had in decades...

Associate
You cant beat a good thunder storm rumbling in the distance to get off to sleep, for which I have not seen/heard any this year (very dissapponting) To be fair I would take a thunderstorm over the top of the house rather than my partners snoring! I am also one of the ones praying for snow that is thick and consistent this year. may finally get to use the pick up properly!

Man of Honour
I am also one of the ones praying for snow that is thick and consistent this year. may finally get to use the pick up properly!

Can’t tell if serious, we can suffer thick snow, just so you can drive a pick up in it?
I don’t know if you’re selfish, or just insane.

I'm hoping for some piled high, as I do each winter.

What are you, a polar bear?
Take a flight to Anchorage, then a train to Fairbanks, enough there to keep a snow lover happy.

Back
Top Bottom