• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
ETH bomb is june 2022 at the very earliest now (keep an eye of EIP4345 updates). POS will be Feb, at the earliest. Heard all of this before with BTC and the difficulty increases.
By that time there will be plenty of cheap used cards regardless of crypto as gamers who overpaid will look to cash in before the next gen cards hit. Remember those RTX 2080tis going for less than £400 when ampere was announced?

Soldato
Only because launch availability was poor, in normal times the shelves are usually full 4-6 weeks after launch.

Anyone that sold their 2080ti for a 25% increase in performance for a 3080 is kicking themselves now and I really don't understand people that update every generation, it just isn't worth it anymore as it was in the past and selling for £400-500 for a 2080ti was just downright silly and I hope these people learned a lesson because people like them only devalued their purchase and others in the mad race to sell them quickly because they thought the new cards would have huge performance increase. Every generation has shown the same old 20-30% performance increase from the past.

The sad thing is it has started again the same rubbish claims of 100-300% increase in performance from past generation... Reality next gen if on track will be the same old 20-30% increase in performance and next gen will also have a nice power hike too, so save up for a new psu now too for that 20-30% increase, that is now being sold by rumours to be silly unreal increases by the same people buying second hand cards (most for their mining rigs) or clickbait sites and channels for their ad revenue. I wonder why humm ? This forum is worst for it when new gen comes out and the silly scare tactics to make owners sell their last gen cards when new gen comes out. The members market turns into how do we make the owners sell for nothing and scare them to not use ebay or other means to get a better/real price.

I hope people wake up next time or be ready to lose a lot of money on their gpus selling them for well under market rates.

Soldato
It could well be worse next time as there will be people who paid 3k for 3090s and £1800 for 3080s that will see huge losses once next gen cards are announced and then there will be miners looking to offload before prices crash to maximise ROI.

Soldato
So long as these cards can print money, the prices will stay jacked up.

If/when the ability to print money stops, (or is greatly reduced) the street prices on these cards will fall from the current ridiculous levels.

Soldato
Anyone that sold their 2080ti for a 25% increase in performance for a 3080 is kicking themselves now and I really don't understand people that update every generation, it just isn't worth it anymore as it was in the past and selling for £400-500 for a 2080ti was just downright silly

Not at all, first off its way more than 25% faster in some games, plus I got way more than £400 for my 2080ti lol, what rock have you been living under

Soldato
Not at all, first off its way more than 25% faster in some games, plus I got way more than £400 for my 2080ti lol, what rock have you been living under

Not enough rocks it seems :p;) review above states 1080p on average the 3080 is 12.63% faster than a 2080ti, 1440p 19.78% and 4K 24.55% (reality check time). Also check the MM sold prices of 2080ti's when the 30 series was being released.:cry:

Some games means nothing, it's the average performance increase that matters.

Soldato
Its on par with a 3070 right? loses on some stuff but has more VRAM vroom.

A 2080ti is on par with a 3070 and 3070ti depending on game, sometimes 3070 is a little faster in some games than the 2080ti and sometimes the 2080ti is faster and same with the 3070ti but with more VRAM on the 2080ti 11GB vs 8GB on the 3070 and 3070ti and the 3070/ti AIB cards are basically £900+ and £1000+ for the Ti version right now, so basically £200 less than what the 2080ti sold at 3 years ago.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeah I was pointing out the only time a 30 series card is better is if its a 3080/ti/90 which I am assuming some of the jokers crowd sold them to upgrade to. :)

If you sold the 2080Ti and only replaced it with a 3070 (or worse) then it was not a great path at all. Its like the AMD bashers complaining at the low end where a 6600XT is same as a 2 year old 5700XT, it applies to both brands and in the scheme of things rarely will be a massive upgrade when similar to CPU iterations your talking of 10/15/20% improvements. In my eyes that is just milking the cow, but how its been for decades im afraid. :p

Soldato

Not enough rocks it seems :p;) review above states 1080p on average the 3080 is 12.63% faster than a 2080ti, 1440p 19.78% and 4K 24.55% (reality check time). Also check the MM sold prices of 2080ti's when the 30 series was being released.:cry:

Some games means nothing, it's the average performance increase that matters.

Dude, I don't need reviews to tell me what I get in the games I play, averages are irrelevant.
The mm on here is also the worst place to sell GPU's, I've gotten up to double the best offer selling on gumtree, the MM is nonsense.

Soldato
The mm on here is also the worst place to sell GPU's, I've gotten up to double the best offer selling on gumtree, the MM is nonsense.

Agree the never ending lowballing and then they come back and say well this person sold it for this or cex buys it for this but cex sells it for over double never comes up :rolleyes:, times I wonder if some of the sales are even real on the MM or a way to have an excuse later when bidding on stuff and really wasn't even sold or people with many accounts or friends to pretend it got sold at X price. The MM really needs to be checked on more often with such behaviour I suspect is going on there sometimes.

I'm at the stage of not using the MM to sell anything anymore too and saving the headaches and either keeping the stuff or giving it to CEX for what it ends up selling on the MM in the end. Anyways off topic but as said above people that sold their 2080tis for £500 or less really need to think before doing such things in the future with their new shiney cards now.

Soldato
A 2080ti is on par with a 3070 and 3070ti depending on game, sometimes 3070 is a little faster in some games than the 2080ti and sometimes the 2080ti is faster and same with the 3070ti but with more VRAM on the 2080ti 11GB vs 8GB on the 3070 and 3070ti and the 3070/ti AIB cards are basically £900+ and £1000+ for the Ti version right now, so basically £200 less than what the 2080ti sold at 3 years ago.
In a normal market the 2080ti would be around £450 right now as that's what 3070s should realistically be going for.

If by this time next year things are back to normal then the 3090 will probably be going for around what the 4060ti / 4070 so say £450-600. Will be a big hit for those who paid 3k for them.

Soldato
Respectfully disagree, it's the performance increase for stuff that you actually do that matters. For me 2080ti to 3090 was a decent bump.

I agree and that's how I normally update my hardware, I look at it that way and is it worth the upgrade, normally the two things I look for are does it make more work faster and does it allow me to work with larger data sets (for the GPU as VRAM has become very important for my work). For gaming there really is only one game I care about it getting faster or allows me to use higher settings is Microsoft Flight Simulator, from the old ones to the latest MSF2020. Most other games will also get an uplift of course but like I said above I look at that as what is the average increase over each generation.

See I came from a intel 5930k and 980ti to 5950x and 2 x 3090 Nvlink-ed with the last upgrade I did last year, I did buy a 2080ti when they came out with the kingpin and well it got sent back the same day as I didn't think it was worth the price at the time as wasn't enough of an update to be worth my time for my home system and borrowed a RTX Titan from work to do my work at home while stuck at home due to covid lockdowns, but that had to go back when the office started to open up as it came out of a workstation with 2 of them in and needed 2 of them to do the work on.

I don't plan on updating this system now for at least 5 years and this is why I say updates every generation are pointless and have been for many years, I remember the days we got real jumps in performance not 20-30% from your previous gpu purchase, I remember reviews would say not worth buying if the new gpu wasn't double the performance of the previous gen, now most reviewers AKA shills praise these minor updates every generation as some miracle. This is also why these gpu companies are taking customers for a ride now, with huge price increases and now silly power use.. Next gen is going to be comical at this rate, price and power use for another 20-30% AVERAGE performance increase.

Soldato
In a normal market the 2080ti would be around £450 right now as that's what 3070s should realistically be going for.

If by this time next year things are back to normal then the 3090 will probably be going for around what the 4060ti / 4070 so say £450-600. Will be a big hit for those who paid 3k for them.

Things are not going back to normal next year though, even Intel CEO stated this week that the shortages may get better by end of 2023 if they do..

"3090 will probably be going for around what the 4060ti / 4070 so say £450-600." ohh you mean with the fake msrps again that people will fall for while they try panic sell their cards and really next gen will sell for 2x or 3x the fake msrp again ?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.... comes to mind and if people are fooled by that again well I feel sorry for them. As we have seen some people have been waiting for their "MSRP" cards for over a year and now told to cancel and cough up the going rate. I hope people have learned this time as next time is going to be worse because they have seen what people are willing to pay now....the cat's out of the bag as they say, Nvidia and AMD are smiling and ready for next gen sales.

Last edited:
Soldato
Things are not going back to normal next year though, even Intel CEO stated this week that the shortages may get better by end of 2023 if they do..

"3090 will probably be going for around what the 4060ti / 4070 so say £450-600." ohh you mean with the fake msrps again that people will fall for while they try panic sell their cards and really next gen will sell for 2x or 3x the fake msrp again ?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.... comes to mind and if people are fooled by that again well I feel sorry for them. As we have seen some people have been waiting for their "MSRP" cards for over a year and now told to cancel and cough up the going rate. I hope people have learned this time as next time is going to be worse because they have seen what people are willing to pay now....the cat's out of the bag as they say, Nvidia and AMD are smiling and ready for next gen sales.
Price hikes generally only work during a crypto boom as Nvidia found out with the poor sales of Turing so if ETH mining ceases to be a thing then not only won't there be the extra demand but also people just won't be willing to overpay if cards don't generate money. Also Intel are entering the market which will increase supply.

Back
Top Bottom