LG C1 the best 55" for £1300?

Caporegime
Low percentage grey scale banding is definitely an issue, anyone who says their set doesn't have it is coping hard. Of course, some sets are better than others so it can make it more/less noticeable.

I can live with it as other technologies have other issues with the majority of the content I watch/play.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been looking at this TV as well recently to replace a 48" Samsung I have for similar usage as the OP - PS5, Netflix and Sky Q
Been interesting to read the feedback whilst a lot of places I have seen it have it listed for £1299

Soldato
Considering a C1 as a replacement for my 4 year old B6 which has 2x green bands running across the screen that developed around 8 months ago.

Not so bad you can't watch but you know they are there especially if the background is yellow, orange or red.

Screen has never been a gaming screen or had anything in the affected areas which would cause screen burn.

Hoping for a few deals in the next few weeks to pop up.

Associate
I wanted the official stand which i couldn't find stock. Didn't like the look of the third party ones. Anyway its not relevant now, going by the reviews there isn't an awful lot of difference to justify the price difference. I just wanted a higher peak brightness but i don't mind that much really.

Associate
I recently got the B1 55in for £999 with a £100 extra rebate at John Lewis a few weeks back.

only difference to the C1 is 2 less HDMI 2.1 ports (when will I need 4 120hz gsync capable inputs) and a slightly slower processor. All the reading I have done suggest the are more or less identical.

Associate
I recently got the B1 55in for £999 with a £100 extra rebate at John Lewis a few weeks back.

only difference to the C1 is 2 less HDMI 2.1 ports (when will I need 4 120hz gsync capable inputs) and a slightly slower processor. All the reading I have done suggest the are more or less identical.

I would agree with your logic, buy what suits and not what everyone says is the best on the market. Having used a Oled for years i wanted the brighter evo panel in the G1. I didn't necessarily need it and end the end i went with the c1. Its in the box until tomorrow as im having work done. But i have several connections via Hdmi. Virgin, PS5, AVR and Firestick. Having a B1 would do my head in constantly changing the connections. I suppose i could use the AVR hdmi connections but hey ho

Associate
Having a B1 would do my head in constantly changing the connections. I suppose i could use the AVR hdmi connections but hey ho

they have the same number of hdmi ports (4) just only two of them are 2.1 (4K 120hz VRF capable).

you would need a new Xbox, PlayStation and gaming rig to need more than two.

edit: you won’t need the firestick. The webos is very quick and slick.

Caporegime
Low percentage grey scale banding is definitely an issue, anyone who says their set doesn't have it is coping hard. Of course, some sets are better than others so it can make it more/less noticeable.

I can live with it as other technologies have other issues with the majority of the content I watch/play.

just picked up a OLED55CX5LB (last years model to the C1 but very similar i believe) in a black friday deal, and its just arrived. However i need to wait till it gets dark to test the grey scale performance.

Would you say that if i get some banding, it isnt worth trying a new set because almost all OLEDS will suffer from it to a certain degree?

I guess no technology is perfect, but i think i can cope with some grey banding over horrendous backlight bleed and stupid local dimming tech.

Caporegime
I would only send it back for banding if it was really noticeable in content, some people have found it settles down a bit after some use also.

Not got much time atm but if you search the issue there are certain scenes from films and TV shows that will highlight whether it's a "real" problem for your set.

Back
Top Bottom