Circuit Superstars (v1.0 released) - available on PC (Steam) and xbox (PS/Switch to follow...)

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well 1.0 came around quicker than expected on PC and Xbox - Playstation and Switch to follow soon hopefully :D

Last edited:
Soldato
How does this play using keyboard?

I bought Ultimate Racing 2D earlier this year for some casual race play, fun for a few races at a time, just seen they released Ultimate Racing 2D 2 on early access last week on Steam too.

Associate
OP
How does this play using keyboard?

I bought Ultimate Racing 2D earlier this year for some casual race play, fun for a few races at a time, just seen they released Ultimate Racing 2D 2 on early access last week on Steam too.

Plays nicely on keyboard - the devs have worked on it so that kb/pad are equal in terms of fuel saving / tyre wear / etc.

There's a real mix of players using both including the fastest.

Controls can also be re-mapped of course if you don't want to use default arrow keys.

Associate
OP
So this is now out? Is it any good folks?

I love it and have sunk far too many hours into it already - mainly playing online but a lot of Time Trials too and finished off all but the mileage Steam Achievements.

Getting great reviews - check my original post with a couple of videos from league races and I've added review links too ;)

Associate
OP
There isn't a fully formed career mode but there are about 12 AI championship series in different vehicles.

There's also a specific Top Gear time trial challenge to try and beat the likes of Lando Norris, Grosjean and others. You only see your time registered on the leaderboard against the times set by the real world drivers and some content creators.

I would recommend joining the Discord - very active and friendly.

Associate
OP
This looks great fun - on Steam it says "partial controller support" - what does this actually mean?

Looks like a cracking game from my youth called Skidmarks :D

I remember Skidmarks / Super Skidmarks too - with my Quickshot Python joystick :D

I have used a PS4 controller, xbox controller, Razer Raiju (PS4 controller) and keyboard. Others have even played using wheels/pedals! You can also re-map controls - I've only done this for keyboard. Not sure what the 'partial' bit refers to...

Soldato
I took the plunge and bought it last night, initial thoughts are it's fun for a few races or time trial attempts, but so far it hasn't got that "one more game" addictiveness that Rocket League has had on me for the last few years.

Associate
OP
I took the plunge and bought it last night, initial thoughts are it's fun for a few races or time trial attempts, but so far it hasn't got that "one more game" addictiveness that Rocket League has had on me for the last few years.

Hopefully that will grow - I've clocked up over 600hrs so definitely have that 'one more go' bug :p

Online racing is where it really shines (when you have a local server and good ping)...

I'm also far too competitive when it comes to time trials :)

Soldato
Treated myself since it was my birthday a couple of days ago and no-one knew what to get me! :D

I really like it so far - nice to control and (so far anyway) it hasn't had me throwing my controller down in disgust at being wiped out by the AI!

Associate
OP
Treated myself since it was my birthday a couple of days ago and no-one knew what to get me! :D

I really like it so far - nice to control and (so far anyway) it hasn't had me throwing my controller down in disgust at being wiped out by the AI!

Great to hear :cool:

To be honest, I did all the 'Grand Prix' championships mainly to tick off the achievements but once you have a grip of the vehicles/tracks - the AI could use some tweaking but not sure how much dev time will be dedicated to that.

If you're anything like me, you'll likely dedicate your time to online and time trials (if you enjoy them).

There's also more variety to be had in the Free Play mode where you can select opponent no.'s, strength, no. of laps, no. of races, type of vehicle, damage and tyre/fuel rates, etc. ;)

Back
Top Bottom