Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
I actually think the icons matching your background colour looks more messy than just going with normally coloured icons as not all of them dynamically change.

It's like using themes which I gave up on years ago as more hassle than it's worth.

Soldato
I believe it is part of "at a glance" pixel launcher thing and indeed can not be disabled, it is very annoying. It has day, date and weather metrics in top left corner. It cannot be moved or disabled.

Soldato
very annoying and a total waste of space.

one of the reasons to chose an android phone over ios is due to the level of customization and not being locked down to how a phone looks or feels.

just like you can uninstall any app which comes out the box.

and that's a load of bulllllllllsh

My pro is coming tomorrow. Had pixels before, had oneplus, samsungs.....etc etc. I've never been one to praise the pixel software to be honest, but considering where oneplus are heading, I think it will end up the best of a bad bunch.

Lots of things about the pixel software which is pretty crap. It's googles way or no way....unless you want to install a third party launcher, but let's be honest, there not brilliant either.

Associate
I've had issues with other phones with TG screen protectors not working right. I generally switch to a film one. As these phones have Gorilla Glass Victus on then all you really need to worry about is scratches rather than dropping your phone.
That's interesting didn't know that do you know any films that got a nice oliophobic feel to it?

Associate
I ordered the Olixar tempered glass protector. I had one on my Pixel 2XL, and it fitted the curved edges pretty good, so I’m hoping for the same with this one.

Avoid this screen protector - it's utter garbage! Screen is pretty much unusable with this on - finger print sensor never works, swiping is hit and miss. Only positive is that it is easy to install (and take off!!). Looks like I'll have to go for a "film" screen protector - any recommendations?

and that's a load of bulllllllllsh
Huh? You're tied to something if you use a particular piece of software? If I've understood it correctly?

The optional clock app Google have made isnt too peoples liking? And now android openness is a load of bull?

It's like saying android isn't customisable as I can't see my bank account balance on my WhatsApp app

Back
Top Bottom