Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Is there an idiot's guide anywhere for setting it up and transferring everything from an old phone?

I'm going from a mate 20 to the 6 non pro.
You turn on your new pixel and it asks you to wire it directly to your old phone. Unless your mate 20 is more ancient than I think, the pixel will just take you through it step by step, it's a breeze. You'll still need to set a few other things up and sign into some apps etc. but there's no such thing as a guide for that.

Soldato
Pixel 6 arrived today, gets super hot and feels a bit of brick compared to the 5.... Not overly impressed tbh

The 5 weighs about 150g and the 6 is over 200g, I get the screen and battery are bigger but that is quite an increase.

The 5a with 5G is about 180g and that has the same screen size as the 6, I can't imagine the camera bar is accounting for all the additional weight.

Soldato
6 Pro only has 60 or 120hz display right now. Speculation is that "day 1" patch on 28th of october should enable the actual advertised 10-120hz screen refresh rate range.

Soldato
Have I misunderstood how it works? 10hz at idle then 60-120hz?
It's meant to be smart.. aka drops to 10hz when you read for e.g. and jumps to 120hz when you scroll... Currently the range is 60-120

I've heard there are updates coming for gcam and so on so I'm expecting a lot of random fixes to reach us. Heard said updates were pushed to tech reviewers early..

Soldato
My pixel 6 coming today. I read one review (toms guide?) where they weren't impressed with the battery life (compared to 21 ultra / high end phones) . Anyone got anything to the contrary?

Hopefully it's better / on par with my s20 fe 5g at least.

Soldato
My pixel 6 coming today. I read one review (toms guide?) where they weren't impressed with the battery life (compared to 21 ultra / high end phones) . Anyone got anything to the contrary?

Tech Spurts said in his review he used the thing all day and he still has 20-25% left each day

Soldato

Chatting rubbish probably.. my p5 would get 8hrs sot time on a heavy day! P6 currently is at 89% with 90mins sot. If it's anything like p5 it'll be one of the best battery life's on a phone.

Associate
It's meant to be smart.. aka drops to 10hz when you read for e.g. and jumps to 120hz when you scroll... Currently the range is 60-120

I've heard there are updates coming for gcam and so on so I'm expecting a lot of random fixes to reach us. Heard said updates were pushed to tech reviewers early..

Developer Options shows you're right - 60 or 120 only. I've already had my camera and Photos updated as there was no magic eraser out of the box.

There's clearly going to be lots of updates to come. Impressed with mine so far though. FPS seems to be what is worrying most people but mine is fine. Even with a screen protector.

Associate
Developer Options shows you're right - 60 or 120 only. I've already had my camera and Photos updated as there was no magic eraser out of the box.

There's clearly going to be lots of updates to come. Impressed with mine so far though. FPS seems to be what is worrying most people but mine is fine. Even with a screen protector.
What protector are you using? I had a Spigen protector which didn't work at all for me and I've sent back to Amazon. However the update this morning seems to have improved reliability on the scans without the protector in place compared to yesterday. I re-did my prints following the update and the tutorial has definitely been updated when setting up asking you to do the sides and top of fingers which it didn't yesterday when I did initial set-up.

Back
Top Bottom