• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

Permabanned
Ubisoft + is £12.99 for one month. You can download the game and cancel the trial then have 30 days to complete/finish the game.

Or you can buy it from a CD Key site for around £35 I guess.

The trial way looks interesting thanks, but do you loose the £12.99 if you cancel?

I've seen it for £49.99 , looks quite pricey at that price as I just got Call of Duty recently. I think more searching and waiting might be needed as I've also seen the collectors edition for £169 that comes with Tostador :rolleyes: but it does not work :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you finish it in quick time @LtMatt you could even smack through Valhalla to get maximum gains from your £13!
Convince me mate. I've only ever played the benchmark, many times. :cry:

I have the game already tbf, but I've never really got into games like the Witcher or the Assassins Creed series before as I'm typically action/shooting games, horror type games and Football Manager.

Permabanned
The game itself recommends the 3080 for Ultra preset 4K,look at below so don't now what all the fuss is about. The CPU is a 3.6GHz (not even overclocked).

FAR CRY 6 PC REQUIREMENTS:

MINIMUM - 1080P / 30FPS, Low preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz / Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 460 /NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
  • VRAM: 4 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • STORAGE: 60GB
RECOMMENDED - 1440P / 60FPS, Ultra preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz / Intel Core i7-9700 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 5700XT /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • VRAM: 8 GB
  • RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)
ULTRA - 4K / 30FPS, Ultra preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 3.6 GHz / Intel Core i7-9700 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 6800 /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • Requires DX12
  • Uncapped frame rate
  • In-depth customization options
  • Hypbrid input
  • Multi-monitor & widscreenn support
  • In-game benchmark for performance analysis
  • DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
  • AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Support

Caporegime
The game itself recommends the 3080 for Ultra preset 4K,look at below so don't now what all the fuss is about. The CPU is a 3.6GHz (not even overclocked).

FAR CRY 6 PC REQUIREMENTS:

MINIMUM - 1080P / 30FPS, Low preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz / Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 460 /NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
  • VRAM: 4 GB
  • RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)
RECOMMENDED - 1440P / 60FPS, Ultra preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz / Intel Core i7-9700 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 5700XT /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • VRAM: 8 GB
ULTRA - 4K / 30FPS, Ultra preset:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 3.6 GHz / Intel Core i7-9700 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: AMD RX 6800 /NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • VRAM: 10 GB
  • Requires DX12
  • Uncapped frame rate
  • In-depth customization options
  • Hypbrid input
  • Multi-monitor & widscreenn support
  • In-game benchmark for performance analysis
  • DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
  • AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Support
Yes, that's because the Ultra Preset does not include the optional 4K Texture pack which must be downloaded separately from the game itself for users that meet the requirements to run it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Convince me mate. I've only ever played the benchmark, many times. :cry:

I have the game already tbf, but I've never really got into games like the Witcher or the Assassins Creed series before as I'm typically action/shooting games, horror type games and Football Manager.

I completed it well main stuff after about 80 hours, they brought out extras like River Raids which was naff (but free) and then the Ireland DLC, now the France DLC has been out a while too. Worth playing them, but not at RRP.

I rate the game as again like Farcry I never played the series before (I dabbled in AC:Unity but not for lots hours) so its good graphically and if your into Vikings its even better. You can even do a story Arch around Norwich for swanburrow or whatever fella is called. :cry:

Again like farcry if your expecting amazing gameplay and spoiled then dont bother. If you also buy the franchise each iteration then expect the same repetition - dont know why people expect much different when that happens!

Caporegime
I completed it well main stuff after about 80 hours, they brought out extras like River Raids which was naff (but free) and then the Ireland DLC, now the France DLC has been out a while too. Worth playing them, but not at RRP.

I rate the game as again like Farcry I never played the series before (I dabbled in AC:Unity but not for lots hours) so its good graphically and if your into Vikings its even better. You can even do a story Arch around Norwich for swanburrow or whatever fella is called. :cry:

Again like farcry if your expecting amazing gameplay and spoiled then dont bother. If you also buy the franchise each iteration then expect the same repetition - dont know why people expect much different when that happens!
I should give it a go, but I don't think it's my type of game. Just one of those games that I use for benchmarking and not much else. I have a few games like that to measure performance. :p

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
According to this reddit he works for Nvidia too (read Cozmo85's comments :cry:)... https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3b4wyr/amdmatt_debunking_driver_discrepancy_rumors/

chrispratt-andy.gif

Back
Top Bottom