• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ntel-z690-ddr5-atx-motherboard-mb-6gy-as.html - am i right in saying this board doesn't support pcie 5.0 for storage down the line?
From what I can see, the CPU only provides 16 lanes total of PCIe 5.0, so any 5.0 storage at all is going to be taking lanes away from the GPU. The dedicated lanes from the CPU for an SSD are only 4.0 and so are the lanes from the chipset. It's at least a generation too early for "real" 5.0 support it seems. It's really just for the first x16 slot and that's it, with anything else stealing lanes from that.

Soldato
So run on windows 11 before AMD patch fixes ? Almost feels like it was planned :rolleyes:

Yeah noticed that on Windows 11 and testing as of 1st October so well before they “fixed” the L3 for AMD.

Hard not to be cynical when we know that to get all this free kit ahead of launch day all reviewers have to follow guidelines.

Hopefully some will do full testing on Windows 10 as well as Win 11 post fixes.

Associate
From what I can see, the CPU only provides 16 lanes total of PCIe 5.0, so any 5.0 storage at all is going to be taking lanes away from the GPU. The dedicated lanes from the CPU for an SSD are only 4.0 and so are the lanes from the chipset. It's at least a generation too early for "real" 5.0 support it seems. It's really just for the first x16 slot and that's it, with anything else stealing lanes from that.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. It's just written a little different when i look under the storage tab of the Hero.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Quite exciting really, 6700K has been serving me well, but new architecture and those P cores do sound appealing especially on Windows 11.

Soldato
Tempted to pre order but wanna wait to see the benches...
Waiting is obviously the smartest move. I really can't see there being a huge shortage of these, personally. Intel don't have to deal with the TSMC production bottleneck, and even then Ryzen CPUs are freely available everywhere these days. It's just GPUs that remain ****ed.

Associate
Do OCUK only have Sales support over the phone and not via email anymore?

Didn't want to risk all 12900K pre-orders to be gone while I waited for the Mobo and Ram listings to appear so I ordered the 12900K in one order and the Maximus Hero and Corsair DDR5 in a second order. I want to contact them to consolidate the orders together so I don't have to pay DHL twice for shipping....nor pay then their Irish Vat/Customs handling fee twice either.

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom