[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
Liking the long exposure images guys - I shot long exposure for my graded unit a few years back and this 507 second early morning sunrise (pretty much on my doorstep) image was one of them:

DkDzevo.jpg

Bridges work well for long exposure:

0shWak4.jpg

Even the broken ones:

gjBUTUk.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Liking the long exposure images guys - I shot long exposure for my graded unit a few years back and this 507 second early

Did you use a polariser on those as well? Need to try this out, max I've ever done is 30 seconds, albeit in daylight with 10 stop but yeah in dark, low light you can extend that to..wow 500 seconds. The wait...was clearly worth it. Love them.

And

And

Associate
I do enjoy taking long exposures (hundreds of seconds), love the cloud movement you get and how any colour in the sky seeps into it. Forth Bridge shot is a cracker.

Soldato
Did you use a polariser on those as well? Need to try this out, max I've ever done is 30 seconds, albeit in daylight with 10 stop but yeah in dark, low light you can extend that to..wow 500 seconds. The wait...was clearly worth it. Love them.

Thank you very much @Ali195 - no polariser was used here. These were taken with either a 10 or 16 stop Formatt Hi-Tech ND filter.

All excellent, but the colour one of the bridge is stunning!

Thank you very much @Merlin5.

I do enjoy taking long exposures (hundreds of seconds), love the cloud movement you get and how any colour in the sky seeps into it. Forth Bridge shot is a cracker.

Many thanks @And

Soldato
After recent move to the countryside, and the now very cold and clear nights without light pollution, I fancy trying my hand at star scape landscapes. had a crack last night just on the driveway, far from perfect but an interesting starting point!

My wide angle is only F4 (16-35 F4L IS), and my camera is getting on a bit now (5Dmk3), so it's quite noisy for long exposures at the higher ISOs required to get the starts from blurring...

QIZo6aX.jpg

Soldato
I haven't been practising a lot of photography lately so my standards have slipped but a few from August's road trip around Iceland, my third visit there in 6 years.

Akureyri-11 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Fagradalsfjall-10 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Fagradalsfjall-12 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Fagradalsfjall-2 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Wildlife-15 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Wildlife-26 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Wildlife-23 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Borgarfjordur Eystri-2 by Sameer Mannick, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom