****Age of Empires IV****

Soldato
skipped the tutorial load of slow rubbish, found few bug,

* Bell to pull villagers back to safety doesn't work & lost 40 Villagers.. :/

* setting a match with no win conditions doesn't always work. in game their was win conditions
took 3 attempts before it stuck. bad testing!

* Some odd stuff going in the loading screen hit 5% usage on my CPU yet it jumped to 75C (not even AAA games like GTA, Control, Or other large visual games does this, They hit 66C max with 40% CPU load wonder if they are using AVX

Got it running at 4K Maxed out & doesnt look great for 2021, still looks 5 years old & animations need a lot of work but its fun.

Soldato
Completed the tutorial, I'm not a RTS player at all, so I really appreciated the slower hand holding as I've not played a AOE since I was a young man with my dad.

Running at 3840x1600 with everything max and terrain to the highest setting. Looks brilliant!

I can see this being very enjoyable.

Man of Honour
Took a quick look, will give it a proper play later tonight, looked ok to me. I noticed it was set by default on 75% resolution, so I changed that up to 100%. Seemed to play like a traditional AoE game so am happy with that, was mildly triggered though by not being able to rotate buildings when placing them :)

Man of Honour
Awww damnit...you cant play as the same base/civ in co-op. Thats what I was really hoping for, used to be able to in one of the old Age of Empires games, cant remember which one. Damn, thats a deal breaker for me, that was what set it apart from so many other titles in the genre. Thats a shame

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Why not gamepass?
People love asking this. Basically I like owning my games, specifically on steam. I have used gamepass on the occasion where it is a game I would not mind having a go but would not buy at full price but generally I get more satisfaction from games I buy.

Not had the time to play it yet, but all installed now and may give it a quick go :)

Caporegime
People love asking this. Basically I like owning my games, specifically on steam. I have used gamepass on the occasion where it is a game I would not mind having a go but would not buy at full price but generally I get more satisfaction from games I buy.

Not had the time to play it yet, but all installed now and may give it a quick go :)
A quick go lol……….6 hours later

Soldato
So I have installed and played to tutorial and also had 3 skirmishes with 1 other AI player. I keep getting destroyed so quick. By the time I manage to produce a few units, I have a whole army on my ass. This is on intermediate by the way.

Soldato
So I have installed and played to tutorial and also had 3 skirmishes with 1 other AI player. I keep getting destroyed so quick. By the time I manage to produce a few units, I have a whole army on my ass. This is on intermediate by the way.
thats how AOE1 & AOE2 was, they cheat & if scout them, you can see how quickly they get resources.

two methods:
Easiest way around this is get 5 villagers on each resource
then Hammer a army out as quick as possible. beat their army Then get more villagers & bit more army over time.

second method is easier
Get 5 villagers on all but 1 resource Preferring Wood over anything else if you can spare people.
Build wall around your entire base
buy like 5 archers & they will defend against the whole army :D

Associate
Just played the campaign into mission, not what I was expecting but I actually love the historical teaching It's almost like Microsoft Encarta from the 90's!

Soldato
thats how AOE1 & AOE2 was, they cheat & if scout them, you can see how quickly they get resources.

two methods:
Easiest way around this is get 5 villagers on each resource
then Hammer a army out as quick as possible. beat their army Then get more villagers & bit more army over time.

second method is easier
Get 5 villagers on all but 1 resource Preferring Wood over anything else if you can spare people.
Build wall around your entire base
buy like 5 archers & they will defend against the whole army :D

I tried again. I managed to get a fairly big army of mixed units. A few little groups came to attack me and I dealt with them. Then as I was producing some landmark to gain a level I got hit by Battering rams, 2 large armies, wiped me out. Again.

Associate

But you don't "own" them, they are digital, you purchase access to the game and the right to install and play them, unless you have them on physical media you essentially don't own them.
If you read the stuff that ask you to press "I Agree", it's basically saying this.

Back
Top Bottom