****Age of Empires IV****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
But you don't "own" them, they are digital, you purchase access to the game and the right to install and play them, unless you have them on physical media you essentially don't own them.
Not sure if you are going out of your way to make some kind of point. I think mine is clear :)

Man of Honour
But you don't "own" them, they are digital, you purchase access to the game and the right to install and play them, unless you have them on physical media you essentially don't own them.
If you read the stuff that ask you to press "I Agree", it's basically saying this.

If you actually check the EULA on the physical media, you don't own the game just because you have physical media, you're still licensing the right to access, install and play the game, and it can still be revoked or restricted at any time.

Soldato
I think in this day and age the argument of which platform you own a game really doesn't matter. If you're a teen with limited cash, then hells yea, get it cheap! But personally, 60 odd quid really isn't gonna bother me in the slightest to have it on the platform of my choice which is Steam.

The shocker? I have Game Pass... I could have installed it for free, but I want it on steam. My money, my choice. Hell, I bought a Honda petrol lawnmower today over a cheap one simply because I want to trust the reliability, sure it cost a bunch more. But it's my choice, let people decide on how to spend their money and stop whining about it. Enjoy the game and talk about it.

My wife and I are loving it, although the first challenge feels almost impossible to get a gold! It's the one where you have to collect food, gold, build 21 workers and start construction on a cathedral within 5:10. Sounds easy but it's really not. My wife got 5:09, I can't get below 5:12 (At least for once in our marriage, I'm not the first to finish.........), but it's a great lesson to learn how to really use the short cuts and manage units quickly!

Soldato
...But personally, 60 odd quid really isn't gonna bother me in the slightest to have it on the platform of my choice which is Steam.

The shocker? I have Game Pass... I could have installed it for free, but I want it on steam. My money, my choice.

Exactly what I done, I have Gamepass but my platform of choice for games I know I'll play a lot is Steam.

With that said, what happens if you sign in to Xbox Live in the Steam version of the game, does it switch over to your Xbox user or does it run it in sync? (Gamepass players won't see the account options)

Last edited:
Soldato
Took a quick look, will give it a proper play later tonight, looked ok to me. I noticed it was set by default on 75% resolution, so I changed that up to 100%. Seemed to play like a traditional AoE game so am happy with that, was mildly triggered though by not being able to rotate buildings when placing them :)
Pretty sure you can rotate them just not sure how, I did it accidentally on my houses :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My wife and I are loving it, although the first challenge feels almost impossible to get a gold! It's the one where you have to collect food, gold, build 21 workers and start construction on a cathedral within 5:10. Sounds easy but it's really not. My wife got 5:09, I can't get below 5:12
I managed to do it in 5:08. I get a mill up asap working on the dears and upgrade it.Also must always have villagers lined up.

The one I found harder was early siege. Took me like 10 goes. The funny thing is, on the go I finally did it, I did it in 4:06 which was more than a minute quicker than my previous best. No room for error and time wasting on that challenge.

Soldato
I tried again. I managed to get a fairly big army of mixed units. A few little groups came to attack me and I dealt with them. Then as I was producing some landmark to gain a level I got hit by Battering rams, 2 large armies, wiped me out. Again.
from memory from back in the day for each villager you produce you need to produce 2 army men

Soldato
played 2 missions of the campaign @Subzero85 the intro to the campaign & the narrator of the battles & what happens/need to do is fantastic.

Its hard to explain but they say something like Now "Edward Ran away to lure their enemy into close quarters" and that is actaully your objective & then it then goes "Edward plan broke their shield wall & now he can attack their broken position"

Campaign Qaulity 9/10
Actual Graphics 7/10 ( could do LOT better)
fun 8.5/10

the thing with the graphics is its not cartoony enough to be cartoony & its not good enough to be realistic. its kind of on the verge of both. & its little off putting that and animations are quite wonky & need work. sometimes arrows come from the wrong place or arch too much.

but overall its good game not worth £60 but id pay £30 for it.

Associate
If you read the stuff that ask you to press "I Agree", it's basically saying this.
You don't own physical copies either. You are buying the license to use the software, you do not own the game itself.

Caporegime
Don’t think I’ve ever learnt so much playing a game lol. The video docs and educational stuff are a great touch.

It’s education by stealth. Always said games could be an invaluable tool for educating kids. There was actually an article on the BBC about it the other day

Back
Top Bottom