Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 88.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Actually black would suit my shack desk better but I can't see one in that style.. I don't suppose you've got a link please?

its not quite the same style

Bfk8X64_d.webp

Link if you still want it -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07R8GBKPN?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Although in hindsight I’d have just gone for the official sennheiser to match my headset.

happy enough with it though.

Soldato
I jumped on the deal LiE posted and got these, and I was skeptical that they were worth the price, but having come from normal AirPods which are fantastic and a pair of fairly decent Cans for over-ear, these AirPods Max just destroy them, not necessarily with Audio quality, I am the least qualified person when it comes to that, they sound great to me - but comfort and usability, the dial is easy to use, the noise cancel is great to turn off/on and they're comfortable as hell, barely notice them. I do have to get used to being able to stand up and walk around without a wire. Wore them for 10+ hours today with zero problems.

Associate
TLDR; spent over two hours trying to get a £550 pair of Apple headphones to stay paired to my apple devices, get stuck in loop, after several hard resets and looking up on forums, this is a known issue with firmware. Returned. To say I was frustrated and angry is an understatement.

I bought a pair of these, and I have to say for an Apple product I had one of the worst experiences ever.

I need a pair of over ear headphones to replace my rapidly dying Bose QC35's which i've had for the best part of 6 years. Battery life isn't what it was, and they keep randomly dropping bluetooth and failing to connect back again. When they were new, they were fantastic. Switching between iPad, personal iphone and work iphone was seemless.

Last week, finally decided to bite the bullet, as I had been eying these up for a while partly because I thought why not get them as they are Apple devices, all working in one eco-system, they should 'just work' like most Apple products. Apparently that is asking too much.

So the issues start:
Pairing first device iPhone 13 Pro - press the transparency button check...nothing happens.
Try again, it takes me to the next step.
Turn knob, and press it, check.
All set up - Airpods Max displaying 85% battery

Device 2 - Work iPhone SE 2020
Repeat the above.
Device appears, great.

Device 3 2018 iPad Pro 11"
Repeat process, similar issue to iPhone 13 pro.
Headphones then disconnect from all devices, not listed in bluetooth devices.

Reset bluetooth on personal iPhone, reconnect QC35's, work first time. Turn them off. Try connecting Max's again, don't appear in list.

When they are connected, they play sound for about 30 seconds, then disappear from all devices. Put them back in the case, take them out, it brings up the set up wizard again. Go through the process again, this time they don't respond to any button presses or proceed to the next screen.

Checked bluetooth, device is not even listed. Put them in the case, and take them back out, they appear for a split second before disppearing again, not even getting the pop up to say they are connected.

I went back to the Apple store and returned them after trying several times to get them to remain connected.

These were the biggest disappointment of a product I have ever bought.

Wanted to use them for work and personal use as it just seemed like the obvious choice. Feel pretty let down by this product, and am now still searching for a pair of headphones to urgently replace my dying pair of QC35's.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Soldato
Same, I connect mine to 4 different devices regularly, and very rarely have a blip - sometimes they notice that they're not on my noggin and when I pick my iPhone up they'll connect to that, but then as soon as I am back on my laptop they're reconnected.

Soldato
Definitely sound faulty, though the whole point of Apple headphones is that you only have to pair them to one device, after that they will appear on any apple device logged into the same Apple ID.

I’ve had no problems with my Max’s other than the battery drain which seems fixed as of a few firmware updates ago.

Associate
Something's very wrong, you shouldn't need to pair with all three devices individually, the headphones should automatically be linked to them all after you've done it on one.

Is that an option somewhere? I can't remember.

The fact that it wouldn't stay connected to any of the devices, even if I just set my personal phone up may have meant that it was just a bad set, I may try again in a couple of months, and see how things go, but right now I don't even want to consider them as an option which is a shame.

I checked all the settings to see if there was anything I was missing, but everything was set as default.

When they were connected, I would go to the sound options to change spacial audio options, and they would disconnect when I was in the control center options.

Wouldn't get found. When I put them in the case and took them out of the case again, the set up wizard would start again as if they had never been connected.

I even went to the point of performing a soft reset of my network settings just in case, and still had the same issues.

I need this for work, and don't have time to waste or worry about if it's going to connect or not.

I thought being an apple to apple device and eco system it would have been straight forward but it turned out to be one of the most painful experiences with tech i've had in recent memory.

Like I said, I may try them again in the future, but right now I just don't have the patience.

Man of Honour
Wall of text.

They were faulty as has already been pointed out.

I use mine mainly for work and they are flawless. The battery lasts ages, the voice quality is miles better than my old QC35 II's and when I occasionally do use them for music or film they sound excellent.

Associate
They were faulty as has already been pointed out.

I use mine mainly for work and they are flawless. The battery lasts ages, the voice quality is miles better than my old QC35 II's and when I occasionally do use them for music or film they sound excellent.

And as I pointed out, the experience was bad enough for me to return them within 3 hours of opening them.

I will most likely try again in the future, but for now I will just endure the issues with my QC35's until I have time to go to the Apple Store again to purchase a 2nd pair.

When I bought them, I was hoping for a quick and seamless experience to switch over to them, and I got anything but that which I found disappointing. I understand that you will get the odd bad pair given the scale of Apple's brand popularity and no company is immune to this, it's just the timing, and experience formed the perfect storm of discontent.

Man of Honour
I used them last night with my Apple TV as everyone had gone to bed. The sound is fantastic, I presume that's the spacial audio doing its thing. I couldn't tell that the sound was coming from the headphones, it sounded like it was coming from the TV.

Back
Top Bottom