Fastest 1080p streaming stick?

Soldato
I might have to try one. Got a Philips 4k Android TV in the bedroom, at 4 or 5 years old it's really starting to struggle now annoyingly. A lot of YouTube stuff doesn't even give an option for anything beyond 720p whereas other play in 4k just fine. It won't even play most of my 4k plex content.

I've not had a firestick since the first generation which ended up being slow and awful to use, so hopefully mthe 4k ones much improved.

Man of Honour
I might have to try one. Got a Philips 4k Android TV in the bedroom, at 4 or 5 years old it's really starting to struggle now annoyingly. A lot of YouTube stuff doesn't even give an option for anything beyond 720p whereas other play in 4k just fine. It won't even play most of my 4k plex content.

I've not had a firestick since the first generation which ended up being slow and awful to use, so hopefully mthe 4k ones much improved.
Still using the first Gen stick myself and its getting very tedious to use so I'm hoping the new sticks are worth it?

I'm not sure on which of these to get?

4K Max
Cube (but that listens at all times!) Can it be turned off?

Soldato
Does it listen at all times or only when you press the button on the remote?

Only with the button on the sticks afaik

Still using the first Gen stick myself and its getting very tedious to use so I'm hoping the new sticks are worth it?

I'm not sure on which of these to get?

4K Max
Cube (but that listens at all times!) Can it be turned off?

Not sure how you managed to keep using them, binned mine off years ago :cry:

I'm tempted by the 4k max. At least it's a little more powerful and should stay speedier for a while.

Man of Honour
Only with the button on the sticks afaik

Not sure how you managed to keep using them, binned mine off years ago :cry:

I'm tempted by the 4k max. At least it's a little more powerful and should stay speedier for a while.
I must love pain :D

When you say a little more powerful, than what you've got currently or compared to the 1st Gen?

Soldato
I might mention that Amazon products are usually heavily discounted on Black Friday. The current offer is still good but I'd be amazed if it wasn't £29.99 for the 4k Max on BF :)

I've got 2 x 4k firesticks from last gen but I want one of the max firesticks so I'll be buying one near black Friday. I've only got 2 TVs in the house haha

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
About 4/5 years ago I tried a fire stick, Apple TV and Roku and the Roku won for me.

Just found the UI a lot cleaner and snappier to use, menus weren’t all over the place or offering up content that I didn’t want.

Use a couple of streaming stick+ around the house now and they’ve been great, but a bit pricier then the fire stick.

Plus if you’re a prime subscriber (I am not) I’m guessing the fire stick makes more sense with the content more integrated as such?

Man of Honour
The 4K Max arrived, installed very easily, and it's so much faster then any of the streaming boxes/sticks I've used in the past, very happy so far!

One thing I didn't notice until it was dispatched was they are offering a 20% discount if you send in your old stick (Gen 1 for me) totally free etc... Hey ho! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom