Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Just got a refund on my Premium add on as the game just doesn’t work with Fanatec wheels at the moment. Crashes all over the place, throttle occasionally cuts out, button mappings just stop working or reset.

Works fantastically well with a controller but I really want to play with my wheel. When it was working it was amazing so I can’t wait until they patch, force feedback is really well implemented.

Out of intetest which wheel do you have?

I’ll probably play mostly with a controller anyway but I was looking forward to trying my wheel (csl elite). As I’ve seen about the wheel problems but I was watching a review yesterday that said their csl worked fine.

Soldato
Crash prone buggy mess. I'm giving up and going to bed. It's like FH3 all over again. My favourite feature is that I'm playing on an Xbox Series S pad, and the force feedback rumble is getting output out of my Fanatec DD wheel. :D

Their hilarious list of workarounds make the mind boggle. It's a ******* UWP app for gods sake.

Guess I'll have to delete all the games on my Xbox Series S to download it to that tomorrow. Hopefully that doesn't crash as often.

Associate
What kind of performance are you getting if you dont mind me asking? Only reason I ask, I've a friend that's really struggling getting 60fps @ 1440p on a 2070.

Thanks

Also everyone, threw up a benchmark vid last night for ref is anyone interested.

I have a 2070 and get constand 60+ fps, it NEVER drops to below 60fps, have custom settings which is a mix of extreme,ultra and high , also gaming at 1440p here

Man of Honour
Out of intetest which wheel do you have?

I’ll probably play mostly with a controller anyway but I was looking forward to trying my wheel (csl elite). As I’ve seen about the wheel problems but I was watching a review yesterday that said their csl worked fine.

Was using a DD1 with a Formula Clubsport V2.5 wheel

It works fine in compatibility mode, but as is the case with most of the users on the Fanatec boards, it crashes regularly.

Associate
Crash prone buggy mess. I'm giving up and going to bed. It's like FH3 all over again. My favourite feature is that I'm playing on an Xbox Series S pad, and the force feedback rumble is getting output out of my Fanatec DD wheel. :D

Their hilarious list of workarounds make the mind boggle. It's a ******* UWP app for gods sake.

Guess I'll have to delete all the games on my Xbox Series S to download it to that tomorrow. Hopefully that doesn't crash as often.

It's a shame. It's worked flawlessly for me (after I realised that Bitdefender Advanced Threat Detection was stopping it from starting).

I hope it comes right for you. Only experience I can share for now is that of my own: turn off background apps and try with AV off

Soldato
It's a shame. It's worked flawlessly for me (after I realised that Bitdefender Advanced Threat Detection was stopping it from starting).

I hope it comes right for you. Only experience I can share for now is that of my own: turn off background apps and try with AV off

It's a pretty clean PC, only used for gaming really. Don't run any additional AV, Defender is more than good enough. Tried with Discord and G-Hub off.

I'm seeing people reporting Fanatec related issues. I'll crawl behind the race rig and unplug all the Fanatec stuff later and try again. It was doing weird stuff with it yesterday for the 5 minutes it worked. What should be rumble feedback through the pad is instead coming out of my CSL DD. Only noticed when the rig started thumping and shaking like it was possessed ... from 6 feet away.

Always seem to crash at the start/end of a mission or race. Like the find the Beetle barn find thing. Pull up to the barn, game just stops responding. Rest of Windows is fine. It's repeatable.

If that doesn't work, Xbox!

Back
Top Bottom