Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Am I missing something but is there no way to do open pvp? Was in a game free roaming with a mate last night but in joining the events it says you can only pvp in a convoy and then it just puts you and your mate in head to head. And Coop is just against AI.

Associate
It's a pretty clean PC, only used for gaming really. Don't run any additional AV, Defender is more than good enough. Tried with Discord and G-Hub off.

I'm seeing people reporting Fanatec related issues. I'll crawl behind the race rig and unplug all the Fanatec stuff later and try again. It was doing weird stuff with it yesterday for the 5 minutes it worked. What should be rumble feedback through the pad is instead coming out of my CSL DD. Only noticed when the rig started thumping and shaking like it was possessed ... from 6 feet away.

Always seem to crash at the start/end of a mission or race. Like the find the Beetle barn find thing. Pull up to the barn, game just stops responding. Rest of Windows is fine. It's repeatable.

If that doesn't work, Xbox!

Very odd.

I'll be interested to know how you find it with the wheel. I gave up on my wheel as I was **** with it on anything other than pure tarmac races. Maybe I just needed to reduce the wheel's range of motion massively. I recall FH4 being OK with the wheel, but haven't used it for ages. Loving it with controller though!

Soldato
Now that they've fixed the server side issues mine has worked fairly flawlessly.

Can't seem to access the Forza seasonal shop though.

This?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4409616884883-FH5-Known-Issues said:
  • The Forzathon Shop is currently not open, please keep an eye on our social channels for when this is available

Soldato
Very odd.

I'll be interested to know how you find it with the wheel. I gave up on my wheel as I was **** with it on anything other than pure tarmac races. Maybe I just needed to reduce the wheel's range of motion massively. I recall FH4 being OK with the wheel, but haven't used it for ages. Loving it with controller though!

It's a controller type game for me, to be played on the sofa. I'll guess I can try it with the wheel. Hooked the old Fanatec CSW up to my Xbox for Forza Motorsport 6 a few years ago and the experience wasn't good, was like using a pad with 900 degrees of travel. And that's the less arcade-y title. There was no feel just rubber band tyre resistance then a knife edge and the car starts sliding. It was a better experience on a pad.

Associate
It's a controller type game for me, to be played on the sofa. I'll guess I can try it with the wheel. Hooked the old Fanatec CSW up to my Xbox for Forza Motorsport 6 a few years ago and the experience wasn't good, was like using a pad with 900 degrees of travel. And that's the less arcade-y title. There was no feel just rubber band tyre resistance then a knife edge and the car starts sliding. It was a better experience on a pad.

I found FM7 good with my wheel (a much cheaper T300 RS), other than the lack of on center feel. I do recall having to reduce the degrees to 360 or so in the control panel in Windows though. GT Sport was much better set up out of the box. Hopefully FM8 is with us sooner than later!

Soldato
Not sure if I just enjoyed the UK more or what, but I'm not that impressed with it compared to FH4. The new setting certainly makes the engine's drawbacks (lod & shadow map pop-in is very high) more evident but I think it's also just very muted in terms of colour grading, and the HDR adjustments are even worse than before, if that's possible. It's decent fun, as FH usually is, but I'm feeling pretty meh about it. Guess it's a good thing I'm only paying ~$4 a month for gamepass ultimate. :p

Associate
Would you mind sharing your custom settings so I can pass on to my friend?

Custom
High
High
On
High
Extreme
Extreme
2x
Off
High
High
High
Ultra
High
High
High
High
Medium

These are the settings in graphics from top to bottom that i have, took screenshot but couldnt figure out how to post them, most things are on high, for me it hasnt dipped below 60fps yet with these settings

Hope it helps

Associate
Tried right button on the D-pad? Should switch between all the usual suspects.

Finished a few events and now I have the full lot.

Good game so far, more of a follow up to Horizon 4 in my opinion. Not as realistic as Motorsport 7 but still an excellent game I will no doubt put plenty of hours into

Soldato
Really like the intro & got very disappointed at the intro at the same time

in 2021
* every cutscene must have skip option
* all cutscene should not stop gameplay every 2 minutes
* cutscene should either be 1080p 60fps or 4K 30fps not 1080p/720p 30

* cutscene you cannot skip also in 1080p/720p 30FPS
* 2 minutes gameplay
* 2 minutes gameplay
* 2 minutes gameplay
* 2 minutes gameplay
* create character
* this cutscene if you watch the lorry pull away in the background he drives off but wheels dont turn :/ really? :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The intro irritated me too. Hate stuff like that. I wanna sort my settings and see the game in all its glory not some letterboxed pre-rendered pixelated hype.

Soldato
God this is driving me insane.

On my xbox pc app, at the top in blue it says "Change your privacy settings to send messages" see here

Also, i cannot access community type things in the game due to privacy restrictions..................... But i have changed everything to open or whatever the most lenient is, and i still get the same message.

Any ideas please ???

Back
Top Bottom