What PC games are you playing?

Caporegime
Just finished "Detroit: Become Human" and loved it. It was the most I've enjoyed a non-VR game in ages.

Highly recommended for anyone who likes Telltale Games and Life is Strange style narrative-driven games.

Did you get any Vulkan crashes with it? The demo was all over the place for me so I had to play on PS4.

Man of Honour
I was browsing GOG yesterday, idly considering buying some more games despite still having at least a couple of dozen games in my library that I've never played. As you do.

I happened to notice Elder Scrolls: Oblivion with all the DLCs bundled with it. Blah blah edition, the usual thing. I've got 1, 2, 3 and 5 in my game library already, but not 4. Of course I'd have played it when it came out, but that would have been a disc version. It was 15 years ago. Then it occured to me that I didn't remember Oblivion much. So I watched the first 10 minutes of a playthrough video...and I still didn't remember it. Hmm...if I don't remember it, I could play it again and it would be like playing it for the first time. So I bought it. £15, why not?

Installed and launched it, mainly to see if it worked and then to see what I'd be modding. After 15 years, some modding would be bound to be in order. The autoconfig didn't recognise my graphics card (unsurprisingly, given that the card came out ~12 years after the game) and defaulted to minimum everything, but 2560x1440 was one of the available resolutions and I just set everything else to max. Straight in, no problem...and it looks suprisingly OK. It's aged very well for a game that old. I'm not even going to bother applying graphics mods. The only mod I'm intending to apply is one to make the attribute gain on levelling less dependent on meticulously doing only things that allow you to min-max your skill training so you can raise your attributes enough to keep up with the levelling enemies. If you don't min-max meticulously in unmodded Oblivion your character will get weaker as they level up rather than stronger. Vanilla Oblivion levelling is so badly designed that it's effectively just plain broken.

Associate
I've been hit with that damn corona, so I decided to go for some mindless FPS. I went with Call of Duty, the original from 2003. It's fun to look back at, but holy heck do you really feel the limitations of games from that era compared to modern ones! I keep getting stuck on every corner/doorway, and the friendly AI gets in my way more than enemy artillery barrages and dive bombers do. It's fun, tho - but was a lot more fun back in the days when it was new!

Soldato
Just finished "Detroit: Become Human" and loved it. It was the most I've enjoyed a non-VR game in ages.

Highly recommended for anyone who likes Telltale Games and Life is Strange style narrative-driven games.

Try Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls if you haven't they are great too made by same company.

Detroit: Become Human was brilliant I agree.

Associate
Currently playing AC Valhalla. I played a bit when it first come out then got sidetracked with other games but went back to it. Have to say I really dislike the parts in Asgard/Jotunheim and havnt played it in a few weeks cos of it but im going back to it laters. The other parts seem decent enough though. Just standard AC game. Think ive preferred AC Origins from the recent lot. The Egypt setting did it for me.

Also just finished GotG. Was really surprised like most people that was it really fun. Wasnt anything groundbreaking, but had good humour. Had expected it to be a cheap knockoff.

And as a little easy going game, im also playing Wildermyth. Really enjoying that too. Theres some great little stories to it, and the groups you build ageing and having to recruit younger warriors and seeing time pass is a nice thing to it.

Associate
Fantastic game and gets very atmospheric at points. I've been meaning to do a replay of it.

An incredible game. Like all the MGS titles, sat there blown a way a bit when it all ended.

And now.. I've FINALLY found time to start to play Death Stranding on PC (updated DLSS using the swapper tool to further improve graphics)

Feels extremely Kojima (ie, I think this man has a level of attention to detail that 95% of others couldn't hope to reach), and familiar to MSGV in many ways. But yes, liking it a lot although I'm still early.

Soldato
Been in a gamin funk for a few months, nothing at all catching my attention, would play an hour here and there of this and that but more to pass time.

Decided to give Horizon Zero Dawn a go last weekend and suddenly have some gaming passion back, played a 5 hour stint immediately and find myself eager to end work each day and get an hour or two on it. Hard to balance wife and a 4 year old and have the urge to play so much.

It's a beautiful looking game, runs smooth maxed out, story is drawing me in and love the scenario, one of the few games I could see myself going 100% on, last was Arkham Asylum.

Soldato
since getting Dragon Age Inquisition on prime games, I've been non stop at it! I completely forgot about this game when it came out and like the others im properly immersed into it again. I felt like the first 20 hours of the game is like a prologue until you get to the main fort then the game really kicks off and the pace really picks up. Some questionable choices regarding inventory management and upgrades but i've gotten use to it now.

Overall i think i'll be logging a minimum of 60 hours into this, taking my time with it.

Back
Top Bottom