Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

Soldato
Just curious, I turned off motion blur straight away from the settings. Just wondering if you did or not.

No, just slammed brightness to max and contrast to nearly nothing (everything was very black / couldnt see cop faces in the opening scenes)

I'll give it a go later on to see if that does anything.

Associate
Not touched VC or SA since original release, can't remember anything from them though to be fair didn't get far. We're the stories actually any good? If they were thread bare junk in the regard I'll skip but if the do have fully fleshed out stories then may take a look.

Soldato
Not touched VC or SA since original release, can't remember anything from them though to be fair didn't get far. We're the stories actually any good? If they were thread bare junk in the regard I'll skip but if the do have fully fleshed out stories then may take a look.

VC was awesome, although i've not played it since release so can't work out if it's just nostalgia making me think that.

SA i can't get into, i don't recall being a big fan of it first time around. The setting/characters didn't appeal to me really then and still don't now. I think my plan is to just try and pick up 3/VC in a few months when they're cheap.

Caporegime
VC was awesome, although i've not played it since release so can't work out if it's just nostalgia making me think that.

SA i can't get into, i don't recall being a big fan of it first time around. The setting/characters didn't appeal to me really then and still don't now. I think my plan is to just try and pick up 3/VC in a few months when they're cheap.

SA was always a slow start but really got going later as it was a lot bigger than Vice City.

Soldato
Yeah, i might try to persevere. I think i'm just in one of those "gaming lulls" where you struggle to get into much. I bought my Series X in January and don't feel i've really played much to have justified it other than maybe AC Valhalla.

Even FH5 feels a little disappointing. I think if it wasn't for Fable then i'd be tempted to just sell up!

Those are probably thoughts for elsewhere though rather than de-railing this thread!

Soldato
No, just slammed brightness to max and contrast to nearly nothing (everything was very black / couldnt see cop faces in the opening scenes)

I'll give it a go later on to see if that does anything.

I found this too! Never got round to changing settings yet. I decided to give SA a go simply as it is on game pass, but haven't done anything mission wise beyond reaching Grove Street and having his moms funeral. For me, the price of the set really is not justified from what I've seen elsewhere and in my brief look at the game yesterday.

Associate
Anyone got this on xbox one and how it is on there.

Probably wont bite until its a bit cheaper but looking forward to playing through gta 3/vc. Never got into SA so that will be br mostly new to me

Soldato
Got it booted up and played a bit on all 3 games on Switch. Really brought back some memories. The graphic upgrades are definitely welcome. I’ll have to get used to how the games were compared to modern GTAV (the games feel sparse and clunky in comparison). I’ll definitely enjoy getting into the stories again.

Caporegime
Yeah, i might try to persevere. I think i'm just in one of those "gaming lulls" where you struggle to get into much. I bought my Series X in January and don't feel i've really played much to have justified it other than maybe AC Valhalla.

Even FH5 feels a little disappointing. I think if it wasn't for Fable then i'd be tempted to just sell up!

Those are probably thoughts for elsewhere though rather than de-railing this thread!

You are exactly the same as myself. Have had my Series X since launch and only played old games on it!

Associate
So how does VC and SA play on PS5 then? 4K 60? I know that's a ridiculous question when you consider the hardware but on PC is abit hit n miss based on comments in PC games.

Back
Top Bottom