Call of Duty Vanguard

Soldato
I wish cod would group us older folks together and not put us against twitchy jumpy crack fiends! It seems if you're anything better than semi decent then it will always put you against the elite level players.

Soldato
I started to feel like that although I think rather than slowing down for me it comes from not being able to sink in hour after hour each night anymore like the new kids on the block are able to do.

I haven't gamed in almost 2 years and was mainly a PC Player but going to pick this up for my PS4 Pro until then i'll dust off the cob webs playing Modern Warfare tonight before I pick up a copy of Vanguard.

How much did you guy's pay?

Associate
I’m not complaining, I do enjoy the game, it’s a great feeling CoD IMHO, it’s just the SBMM is absolutely brutal.

What I am blown away by though is how much is simply broken…eg you can’t get gold camo on some guns because it tells you to a perk that doesn’t exist in the game!
If SBMM is that bad for you there are ways around it. You could deliberately play terrible until you get put in a low skill lobby, play a few matches there and add all the bad players as friends. Once you have enough people you can invite them to your party and it will knock you down at least 1 skill tier. If you want a more consistent method you could pick up a used PS4 Slim or Xbox One S for around £100, make a second account, completely tank the stats and have it join your party. If you're on PlayStation with the digital edition you wouldn't need to buy the game twice since you can game share. Also you don't need a second screen as you can use PS Remote play on your phone.

Enjoying the maps well there is some I dont like, the Das Haus option in the menu dosnt seem to be playing in 24/7? after the match it goes to another map everytime.

Loving STG 44 now I have it at level 63 and some good unlocks it destroys.

As already mentioned the SBMM has ruined Cod for years now im 35 and cant keep up with the lightning quick reactions of kids.
At 35 it's very unlikely your reactions would have slowed significantly due to age. It's much more likely to be a combination of not playing as much as you used to, and average skill level of the player-base being higher.

Caporegime
I need a new game, how close do these play to the last COD I played, the original Blops? Also is this KB &M too and can you select not to play with those ******* filth bags?

Don
Again, tonight playing against players who are annihilating our team, four of them had over 25 kills and under 5 deaths, how can they possibly be matched via sbmm. It’s getting exhausting

Caporegime
Did you not read the above Danny, you're old as **** and won't be able to cope :p

That’s why I play horde these days. Just AI to beat! I was fine on gears until they added the KBM players with no option to block them. Multiplayer gaming is an absolute mess these days and mostly in silence. I miss the good ol days.

Don
That’s why I play horde these days. Just AI to beat! I was fine on gears until they added the KBM players with no option to block them. Multiplayer gaming is an absolute mess these days and mostly in silence. I miss the good ol days.

Yeah I do miss the bickering, no one speaks, I loved it when the Xbox and Kinect came out and no one realised the Kinect was a mic and you heard the daily goings on in people's households whilst playing, those were the good times.

To answer your question though, if you like the kill/die/kill/die scenario then this and any latest COD is down your street. I was playing BLOPS4 with the boy, the last game to not have SBMM iirc and that was quite nice to play. Stick to the old ones

Soldato

This game doesn't have claymores so you'd have to come up with a whole new style of play!

I also miss the old days me, you, @Wyrdo @Faded truffle pig, konvict when he was allowed on and had to whisper etc.. All kicking some ass and abusing the yanks!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I do miss the bickering, no one speaks, I loved it when the Xbox and Kinect came out and no one realised the Kinect was a mic and you heard the daily goings on in people's households whilst playing, those were the good times.

yeah even gears has gone woke. You say anything remotely abusive and you get a ban. The Twitter page used to be filled with melts offended by the tiniest insult.

This game doesn't have claymores so you'd have to come up with a whole new style of play!

I also miss the old days me, you, @Wyrdo @Faded truffle pig, konvict when he was allowed on and had to whisper etc.. All kicking some ass and abusing the yanks!

:D

COD4 and MW2 was the peak for me. Especially COD 4 prior to the sniper patch. That was some game. Good times.

Soldato
I picked this up earlier and have spent an hour on it and cannot believe how fast pace it is now (I know it’s always been relatively fast) as I got older I remember preferring Battlefield.

You could have the best aim in the world with COD but you are forever trade killed.

Don
I picked this up earlier and have spent an hour on it and cannot believe how fast pace it is now (I know it’s always been relatively fast) as I got older I remember preferring Battlefield.

You could have the best aim in the world with COD but you are forever trade killed.

Change the FOV to 120 and then see how quick it feels :p

Back
Top Bottom