The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Awesome tribute that. I too had the Evel Knievel toys (the bike with the big red box that you wound it up on and the rocket car), but Eddie Kidd was always the king in my eyes.

As for the cars, that McLaren. :eek: Nothing else to add.

Soldato
wow yes what a great show that was, have to admit never heard of Eddie but wow what a legend he has been.

well done TG for that show.

I didn't really know much about him, but when they showed the clip of him doing the Great Wall of China jump, I instantly remembered that I'd watched it as a child. All I remember thinking is, why the hell did they give him such a short length to land in? When they showed the footage again, and I saw him hit those boxes, I thought for a moment that it was that which paralysed him

Permabanned
I didn't really know much about him, but when they showed the clip of him doing the Great Wall of China jump, I instantly remembered that I'd watched it as a child. All I remember thinking is, why the hell did they give him such a short length to land in? When they showed the footage again, and I saw him hit those boxes, I thought for a moment that it was that which paralysed him

i do vaguely remember the china jump come to think of it but never knew it was him.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
People still watch beeb except for Top Gear?
Your wife doesnt watch strictly? :p

I found this TG totally awkward, praising this guy for being legend, while he sits there as a near vegetable making awkward noises. Not great watching imo, an advert for never riding a bike for me, as much as i like the idea of them.

Soldato
People still watch beeb except for Top Gear?

Really? I mean, I realise it's not as popular as it once was, but it still has the most watched channels in the UK.

Channel owner Share of total viewing time (%)
BBC 31.38
'ITV' 24.28
Channel 4 Television Corp 9.10
Sky UK (Comcast) 8.95

Soldato
Really? I mean, I realise it's not as popular as it once was, but it still has the most watched channels in the UK.

Channel owner Share of total viewing time (%)
BBC 31.38
'ITV' 24.28
Channel 4 Television Corp 9.10
Sky UK (Comcast) 8.95

I think Nasher is one of those people who thinks that the BBC is "woke" or whatever, and so insists that as a result, their entire repertoire isn't worth watching.
Which is an odd stance to take. Personally, I think some of the best TV I've watched in recent years has been on the BBC. At no point has my perception of the politics of the people who run it made me think otherwise.

Soldato

I found this TG totally awkward, praising this guy for being legend, while he sits there as a near vegetable making awkward noises. Not great watching imo, an advert for never riding a bike for me, as much as i like the idea of them.

:cry::cry::cry: Pretty fair point! Im yet to watch it - need to get the go ahead from my wife (not-Nasher) :p

Guess Stampy Longhead isnt on BBC so Nasher is OUT!

Caporegime

That jump that did him was a bit strange when everyone told him it wouldn’t end well landing on a up hill and he did it anyway.

not sure why you would find it awkward. He’s still obviously fully with it inside but can’t talk. The carer fully understood him

good episode though. That 765LT is something else

Soldato
I thought it was a great episode. Sometimes I almost feel that they tried to cram too much in in the past. Two segments or an episode long challenge seems to be the sweet spot since the old trio left.

The only element I found slightly awkward was the big showcase at the end. While he was smiling through it like the legend that he is did anyone else pick up on an element of sadness in his eyes as they cut back to show him watching people doing what he loved until the accident took that life away from him?

Back
Top Bottom