*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Seeing as you have the same CPU/GPU as me and you're saying it's fine - what drivers are you on? I downgraded to 472.12 (September drivers) and it's made a big difference, it's still not perfect - but it's a lot better than the current latest ones Geforce Experience asks you to download.

Just curious which driver version you're on,
using 496.49 here also don't use GeForce experience here

Caporegime
Markers above players heads:

Unless I’m missing a perk that explains this but has anyone else sometimes found the little blue, red or green marker indicating their team, missing above their head? I chased a player thinking they were enemy and shot them but no damage. Turns out he was friendly but had no marker above him to indicate this??

Is it some “incognito” perk?

No, it's a bug as far as I'm aware. You'll notice there pack colour is also different.

V F

V F

Soldato
It really doesn't though, some folk like the small COD maps, some folk like the large maps and tank plane play, all of them have technical issues as the dev`s seemingly cant code for **** its sign of production values being more important than and marketing over function and gameplay. They are what they are now, a cash cow for the publishers nothing more or less.

Last decent one was BF3 btw :)

I'm curious if BF3/4 is still going to be really populated after this release the way it is going.

In years to come that will be shown as an example of what makes BF games BF games. Sort of like jeeps laden with explosives flying 2km in the air, people bailing out of planes and rpg'ing another plane and then getting back into their plane and the much used ramming a tiger tank at full speed in a jeep and blowing the tiger tank up in BF1942. Never underestimate the players abilities to find ways to use vehicles in a way that was never intended :D

Sounds like a Fast and Furious film.

Soldato
The 1 pound gamepass offer lets me try this for 10 hours so had a little play. Was okay, gunplay seemed okay and was getting 70-100 fps at 4K with DLSS performance, doesn't look any better than previous BF to me though. Seems heavy on single thread performance.

V F

V F

Soldato
Haha, imagine being the helicopter pilot.. wtf a hovercraft at 1000+ft!

I'm enjoying running people over in the electric 4x4!

The scariest part was the one I saw two climbing and flying off the face of the building side by side to the top.

Caporegime
WTF?!?!?

My other system can't even play a damn game!! I load a server, it loads the screen where I can select where I want to spawn and it quits me back to the game mode select screen. My team mates stay on the server, I go to join the game again, it takes my squad out of the server and makes them rejoin again. :mad::mad:

V F

V F

Soldato

Heh! That's crazy if it's real.

"You've got to be kidding... Changing controller acceleration settings fixes the mouse aim..?"

"It can be fixed, but the setting that baffles me the most is there's no seperate input bindings for jets and helos. That's just...ridiculous design decision and makes me wonder why or how they managed to slip that in when every other BF does it."

"yeah this is straight childs play at this point. I am a long time battlefield fan and feel betrayed."

Soldato
The 1 pound gamepass offer lets me try this for 10 hours so had a little play. Was okay, gunplay seemed okay and was getting 70-100 fps at 4K with DLSS performance, doesn't look any better than previous BF to me though. Seems heavy on single thread performance.
I got ripped off £3.99 EA and i have Xbox Ultimate?

Caporegime
Man of Honour
Crashing all the time for me, giving up. Also tried DX12, subsequently crashed as the game ended (I joined a game nearly ending).

Wonder if Win 11 related or just trash.....

I dont think its just 1 reason for the crashes because people are having crashes with all different sorts of builds, I myself have a 1080 GPU, 32GB ram, Ryzen CPU and Win10 and I havent had a single crash but with so many variables involved in one PC build compared to another (hell, just the various PCs in my own home have different build components) its unlikely to just be a single aspect of a build which is causing it

Soldato
Crashing all the time for me, giving up. Also tried DX12, subsequently crashed as the game ended (I joined a game nearly ending).

Wonder if Win 11 related or just trash.....

I've had a couple tonight. None over weekend. Win 11, but i think it may be server related...i had a weird one where the game crashed (the map and everything) but i could still look around, then it was back to desktop. Nothing in the event logs or anything either.

V F

V F

Soldato

Is it? Looks a bit of a gimmick sliding them left to right as if someone turned up the contrast to the shadows. It certainly doesn't feel WOW!

When action gets going you'd never tell except as you said, feeling the performance hit.

Back
Top Bottom