Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Small bug I noticed with AOD, if the screen turns off while it's on an app, the navigation pill stays on the AOD screen. Going home or a full screen app doesn't have this issue. Tried restarting the phone but that didn't work either.

Doesn't always happen, I'm not sure what triggers it.

EDIT: Wait I'm being silly, it goes away after a while. I'm not checking the phone long enough after it goes into AOD :p

EDIT 2: Nope it definitely happens, with Vivaldi and Discord at least.

Last edited:
Associate
Had installed the spigen tempered glass protector on my pixel 6 and like everyone else, found the fingerprint reader stopped working.
Hate having to use a PIN to access some of my apps so had another go and bought the item shown below on Amazon. 2 tempered glass protectors for £6.99.
Easy to install and fingerprint reader works flawlessly, even before i added a couple of additional prints through the protector.
Only general piece of advice i would give is have your phone screen on when lining up the hole for the selfie camera. I didn't and it is so much harder to get it perfectly aligned when the screen is all black. Will be ordering another 2 of these as always look to have spares available. Cheers.

AOKUMA Google Pixel 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [2 Pack] Premium Quality Guard Film, Case Friendly, Shatterproof, Shockproof, Scratchproof oilproof.

Soldato
The issues with the fingerprint reader, although mainly periodic for me so not the biggest of deals anyway, has prompted me to look at the Smart Lock functionality and to be honest I'm not sure why I've got my phone locked when I'm at home?

I'm now using this and getting used to the bliss of not having to use fingerprint or face unlock or worse still a 4 digit code - I just swipe up and get on with it. :)

Associate
I was using smart lock via my smart watch and whilst this worked and was going to be my solution till fingerprint issue resolved, i was always aware that if i got lazy on it, my phone could be lifted and unlocked whilst close to me at work or in pub etc. so really not wanting to get to depend on it.
Have to say the fingerprint reader is now working perfectly and having read loads of comments about it being slow, i find it works immediately so am really pleased with it. Currently working better than the one on my previous galaxy s10e.

Soldato
Small bug I noticed with AOD, if the screen turns off while it's on an app, the navigation pill stays on the AOD screen. Going home or a full screen app doesn't have this issue. Tried restarting the phone but that didn't work either.

Doesn't always happen, I'm not sure what triggers it.

EDIT: Wait I'm being silly, it goes away after a while. I'm not checking the phone long enough after it goes into AOD :p

EDIT 2: Nope it definitely happens, with Vivaldi and Discord at least.

Do you have reduced animation scale switched on in developer options?

Associate
So I bought this phone today and was all excited to get it charged and start using it.. Never realised you don't get a charging brick, looked on Google website for the official one.. Delivery on the 9th of December..:D Anyone suggest a quicker alternative? None where I bought it from or any shop local it seems.
My wife has a type C brick for a OnePlus 8t, dunno whether to use that though as it's like a 65W charger if I recall correctly :rolleyes:

Soldato
So I bought this phone today and was all excited to get it charged and start using it.. Never realised you don't get a charging brick, looked on Google website for the official one.. Delivery on the 9th of December..:D Anyone suggest a quicker alternative? None where I bought it from or any shop local it seems.
My wife has a type C brick for a OnePlus 8t, dunno whether to use that though as it's like a 65W charger if I recall correctly :rolleyes:
It'll be fine, just use the oneplus one and get anything with power delivery from Amazon.

Soldato

The OnePlus brick supports 45W PPS. More than enough.

Grab the Samsung charger I linked a few posts ago

Soldato

Imagine how I felt when my electric car turned up 6 weeks before the home charger install :D

Soldato
As with others here, I got my Bose 700 shipped email from Google. Claim was approved on 1st of November, so took em 16 days to ship it from approval.

Associate
Quick question for anyone who got their Pixel 6 direct from EE.... Does the phone come locked to EE or is it unlocked? My daughter just got a Pro from them, and when she asked them to send her an eSIM, she was told she can't use dual SIM as the phone will be locked for 6 months. I thought all Pixels were unlocked.

Soldato
Some customers in the EU are being notified their Bose 700 claim has been changed for the QuietComfort 45 + €75 Google Store voucher: https://www.androidpolice.com/googl...l-6-pre-orders-in-europe-but-all-is-not-lost/

No idea if it'll affect us, but something to look out for for those who claimed later than others.

Quick question for anyone who got their Pixel 6 direct from EE.... Does the phone come locked to EE or is it unlocked? My daughter just got a Pro from them, and when she asked them to send her an eSIM, she was told she can't use dual SIM as the phone will be locked for 6 months. I thought all Pixels were unlocked.

Usually if you buy it from the network instead of Google or other places (eg Amazon, CPW, etc) it will be network locked. Some networks like 3 do sell unlocked, and according to this page EE's Pixel phones are supposed to be unlocked too. However the dual SIM thing might be different, is she already on EE and is trying to move her contract to the eSIM?

Back
Top Bottom