Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Headphones came today. No concierge or butler so DHL left them in a bush for me :p. Not impressed with the finger print sensor though. Was far from perfect before but is now unuseable after adding a screen protector .

Soldato
Headphones came today. No concierge or butler so DHL left them in a bush for me :p. Not impressed with the finger print sensor though. Was far from perfect before but is now unuseable after adding a screen protector .

Apparently Google released November update in the US which improves fingerprint sensor, especially with a screen protector. Should be rolling out in the UK shortly. Myself, I don't have any issue with fingerprint sensor (I also dont use a screen protector)

Do the Bose 700 headphones happen to come with a usb Bluetooth dongle?

I didn't have any dongle in my box, just case, headphones usbc to usb cable and 2.5n to 3.5mm cable.

Soldato
Sounds like a lot have had theirs sent out and even delivered.. I've heard nothing :D wonder if it's because I'm part of the slow approval crew and now slow despatch crew.

Soldato
Sounds like a lot have had theirs sent out and even delivered.. I've heard nothing :D wonder if it's because I'm part of the slow approval crew and now slow despatch crew.

What day was yours approved? It looks like those who got them today claimed on the first day, I claimed the following day (02/11) and had my confirmation that they were being shipped today. Assuming they keep going at the same pace hopefully you can work out from that when yours should be shipped.

Soldato
What day was yours approved? It looks like those who got them today claimed on the first day, I claimed the following day (02/11) and had my confirmation that they were being shipped today. Assuming they keep going at the same pace hopefully you can work out from that when yours should be shipped.

Claimed on first day, was a on-release day order...but it took 4 days to get approved.

Soldato

I doubt that's how they're processing orders. They'll just be ploughing through them with the manpower that's allocated to the task.

Associate
Mine finally came yesterday, after about a month of stock issues . Seems decent from the little I've managed to mess around with.Snappy, solid build and screen looks great.

Filled out the promotion stuff, seems the 700 are all gone so they're sending me the Quiet45's and a £50 Play voucher.

Shall have a proper play at the weekend when I get a bit of free time.

Caporegime
Mine finally came yesterday, after about a month of stock issues . Seems decent from the little I've managed to mess around with.Snappy, solid build and screen looks great.

Filled out the promotion stuff, seems the 700 are all gone so they're sending me the Quiet45's and a £50 Play voucher.

Shall have a proper play at the weekend when I get a bit of free time.

Did you get that confirmed by Google?

Soldato
Definitely a bit perturbed that the fingerprint scanner update is only coming to the UK (and everywhere else except US and Japan) in December. Since when were system updates prioritised for different countries? I thought Pixels were supposed to get the same updates at roughly the same time?

Soldato
Definitely a bit perturbed that the fingerprint scanner update is only coming to the UK (and everywhere else except US and Japan) in December. Since when were system updates prioritised for different countries? I thought Pixels were supposed to get the same updates at roughly the same time?
Yea wtf... A bit annoyed by that to say the least especially since I'm struggling with this FPS massively.

Soldato
Having an issue with Call Screening. I have the option all good and well (just voice selection and demo in that menu so not sure if I am missing other options?)

I tried to test this from another phone. The phone rang, I selected "screen call" but the calling phone did not get any voice coming through. The line was just silent however I could hear thumps on the calling phone whenever I tapped the Pixels screen and also a muted version of conversations that were happening around me all all on the phone that I was calling my Pixel from.

No Google Voice was played advising me (as the caller) that my call was being screened.

Anyone else tested it from another phone and how did it work for you?

Associate

Takes about 15 mins to manually sideload it.

Associate

Has this been confirmed?

Soldato
Takes about 15 mins to manually sideload it.

After years and years of rooting and installing custom ROMs across loads of phones and with multiple computers, getting debugging mode to work properly was always the difficult step for some reason. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. So I think I'll pass on that.

Has this been confirmed?

Yeah - https://support.google.com/pixelpho...xel-6-pro-us-and-japan-only-selected-carriers

More info on the update here - https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/17/22787537/google-pixel-6-pro-update-fingerprint-scanner-slow

Man of Honour
I've got used to the finger print sensor I have to say, though it isn't the best no denying that.

Battery seems to easily last a day now, and the camera I'm getting used to and really enjoy the fact you can manually adjust the balance of the picture too. I hardly use portrait mode now and just use the telephoto instead - the quality is fab.

Definitely glad I went for the pro model, it's a great user experience and the screen is great. Definitely an upgrade from the Pixel 5 which now feels tiny in my hands.

No screen protector, just a spigen case, and it's not too big (but I have big hands).

It's not perfect, but definitely not disappointed in the purchase. Is it worth it without the headphones? Probably, but they did sweeten the deal.

Back
Top Bottom