Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
I think I've realised why I'm not playing anything new. I need a new GPU, one that will perform at ultra 4k. I don't want to comprise. If I was willing to do that I'd have bought a console for gaming
Yeah I am not so sure. Graphics can only get you so far. Some of my most memorable gaming over the past few years have been on the switch. Gameplay will always be king.

Soldato
Yeah I am not so sure. Graphics can only get you so far. Some of my most memorable gaming over the past few years have been on the switch. Gameplay will always be king.
I've been playing games since I owned a BBC computer that had cassette tapes as games, I understand what graphics vrs game play is.

What's the harm in playing a great game gameplay wise with all bells and whistles turned on at 4k on a large screen. That's where the end game is for me.

I know a lot of games that come out need more powerful GPUs that we have available now and that's why I always play games 2-3 years after they come out.

For example, AC Odyssey came out in 2018. I'm still waiting to upgrade my 1080ti so that I can play it at 4k maxed out and I dont want to comprise.

The 4000 series is where it's at for me

Man of Honour
I've been playing games since I owned a BBC computer that had cassette tapes as games, I understand what graphics vrs game play is.

What's the harm in playing a great game gameplay wise with all bells and whistles turned on at 4k on a large screen. That's where the end game is for me.

I know a lot of games that come out need more powerful GPUs that we have available now and that's why I always play games 2-3 years after they come out.

For example, AC Odyssey came out in 2018. I'm still waiting to upgrade my 1080ti so that I can play it at 4k maxed out and I dont want to comprise.

The 4000 series is where it's at for me

You’ve waddled into the wrong form buddy.

Soldato
Currently playing diablo 2R on series X and my pc.

Forza 5 purly because my BIL is one of the top dogs at playground games.. so may aswell give it a play to show my support.

Minecraft with my 3yr old.

A random games called Hades...

Caporegime
Woo-hoo. The Last Of Us is over. Got the hang of the combat after my initial blundering. Still looks incredible all these years later. Shame that the trophies are total rubbish. I only got three in my entire playthrough! It'll be interesting to play through again with a guide and see exactly what shiv door, comics and pendants I missed because I was 99% certain I got the first two fully collected.

Now I get to play the sequel and see what all the fuss is about. Did the opening sequence last night. The graphics are mind boggling!

Soldato
Woo-hoo. The Last Of Us is over. Got the hang of the combat after my initial blundering. Still looks incredible all these years later. Shame that the trophies are total rubbish. I only got three in my entire playthrough! It'll be interesting to play through again with a guide and see exactly what shiv door, comics and pendants I missed because I was 99% certain I got the first two fully collected.

Now I get to play the sequel and see what all the fuss is about. Did the opening sequence last night. The graphics are mind boggling!

I abandoned the trophies in the first one despite me finishing it 4 or 5 times now. I did Plat the 2nd one though but again you have to complete at least 2 playthroughs to max out your skills. I have completed it 3 times already. Enjoy it is one hell of a ride. One of the best ever, for me.

Caporegime
I abandoned the trophies in the first one despite me finishing it 4 or 5 times now. I did Plat the 2nd one though but again you have to complete at least 2 playthroughs to max out your skills. I have completed it 3 times already. Enjoy it is one hell of a ride. One of the best ever, for me.

It’s incredible. I had to tear myself away to go to bed. I could have easily stopped up all night.

Associate
Just finished “Days Gone” … got really into it the past couple of weeks, so much so, I woke the wife up last night because I was having a dream I was being attacked by a horde..

Soldato
Have just started the first Uncharted game. Picked up the remastered set.

Don't own a PS console anymore but I have such fond memories of the uncharted series, think it was my favourite followed by Last of Us. I wonder if we will ever get something similar in the future, so many new games are such a disappointment now days.

Soldato
Don't own a PS console anymore but I have such fond memories of the uncharted series, think it was my favourite followed by Last of Us. I wonder if we will ever get something similar in the future, so many new games are such a disappointment now days.
UC2 was my fave, sadly I didn't enjoy the next two because I was overly familiar with the formula by then. I'd have loved a more exploration focused version with little to no combat.

Soldato
UC2 was my fave, sadly I didn't enjoy the next two because I was overly familiar with the formula by then. I'd have loved a more exploration focused version with little to no combat.

Uncharted lost legacy was a stand out for me, it was cheap to buy because it was classed as an expansion type game, but it was so much more than that.

Soldato
Uncharted lost legacy was a stand out for me, it was cheap to buy because it was classed as an expansion type game, but it was so much more than that.

I love them all but Lost Legacy is my favourite as well. Perfect length and two great characters in Chloe and Nadine. I didn't like Chloe much in the earlier games but with a bit of back story she shone in this game. Amazing all the way through.

It's about time I played them all again actually. It's been a while.

Back
Top Bottom