*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour

BF2042 might rival New World as the most hated "big" title of 2021 on Steam though, although the steam rating for New World has recovered it was originally at something like 35% before it picked up a little. Steam has always been a bit of a cesspit for reviews though, mostly because people on steam dont really give correct reviews. You get people who give a positive review because a game looks amazing (despite them only ending up playing the game for 3 hours because the gameplay sucks) , you see people give a negative review because of the cost of a DLC (this happens a lot with Paradox games) which clearly isnt an actual review of the game itself and you see someone knock up 80 hours in a game and then give a negative review saying the game is awful , I beg to differ...assuming that nothing changed within the game itself , if you spent 80 hours doing something you consider awful, you're either being hyperbolic in your critique or a masochist :D

But they are exceedingly funny to read all the same !

Permabanned
But not a better RPG. As an actual roleplaying game with flexibility of choices, freedom to play in a multitude of alignment styles and those choices affecting the gameworld and future events and having repercussions, Cyberpunk just isnt an RPG and so shouldnt be nominated as Best Roleplaying Game of the year, Pathfinder 2 and Solasta were both far better Roleplaying games. If anything, Cyberpunk should be nominated in Best Action or Best Adventure categories (though frankly I dont think it should be in those either, I mean consider whats being said, that it is one of the Top 5 games in its category this year, that there isnt 5 other games better than it in the category, across all the consoles and PC games , in the whole year...some weighty brown envelopes passing under someones desk imo), but as you say, thats a little OT and for another thread.

But its still nonsense to be nominated :D

Totally is an RPG and a very good game to boot, also looks great with RTX. :D Depends how neckbeard you want to get about what an RPG is I guess.

Anyway, lol at the steam reviews :cry:

Man of Honour
Totally is an RPG and a very good game to boot, also looks great with RTX. :D Depends how neckbeard you want to get about what an RPG is I guess.

Anyway, lol at the steam reviews :cry:

I'm very neckbeard about what an RPG is , way too much is labelled RPG these days usually purely on the basis that it has items with stats in it. Too many people have forgotten what roleplay means. Even Project Red themselves stopped calling Cyberpunk an RPG and changed all the RPG wording on their site to "Action-Adventure" instead, when even the people who make it decide not to call it an RPG, you have to wonder how it can then be nominated in a Best Roleplaying category :D

Permabanned
I'm very neckbeard about what an RPG is , way too much is labelled RPG these days usually purely on the basis that it has items with stats in it. Too many people have forgotten what roleplay means. Even Project Red themselves stopped calling Cyberpunk an RPG and changed all the RPG wording on their site to "Action-Adventure" instead, when even the people who make it decide not to call it an RPG, you have to wonder how it can then be nominated in a Best Roleplaying category :D

Can agree to disagree and get back to slagging off Battlefield. :D

Man of Honour
Can agree to disagree and get back to slagging off Battlefield. :D

Sure thing, we can definitely agree to disagree but we cant get back to slagging off Battlefield because I'm having fun with it (so we may have to agree to disagree on that one too, its almost like we are two different people with different likes and dislikes ! :D )

Talking of steam reviews , I did think that the steam discussion thread titled "Genderfield V vs Battlebug 2042" was a pretty funny thread title :)

Soldato
OP
BF2042 might rival New World as the most hated "big" title of 2021 on Steam though, although the steam rating for New World has recovered it was originally at something like 35% before it picked up a little. Steam has always been a bit of a cesspit for reviews though, mostly because people on steam dont really give correct reviews. You get people who give a positive review because a game looks amazing (despite them only ending up playing the game for 3 hours because the gameplay sucks) , you see people give a negative review because of the cost of a DLC (this happens a lot with Paradox games) which clearly isnt an actual review of the game itself and you see someone knock up 80 hours in a game and then give a negative review saying the game is awful , I beg to differ...assuming that nothing changed within the game itself , if you spent 80 hours doing something you consider awful, you're either being hyperbolic in your critique or a masochist :D

But they are exceedingly funny to read all the same !
i think meta-score is a better place to see ratings of a game

Man of Honour
I guess BF2042 (one of the biggest titles for EA this year) getting this sort of reception could well be really bad financial news for EA. They might have to just rely on EA Sports titles instead as their big non sports games are just not getting good receptions. I fully expect the remake of Dead Space to get heavily battered in reviews too. If it wasnt for the success of the FIFA and F1 titles, EA would probably be dead in the water now. Though perhaps if anything BF2042 being a retail flop would probably mean the end of DICE rather than EA

Caporegime
I guess BF2042 (one of the biggest titles for EA this year) getting this sort of reception could well be really bad financial news for EA. They might have to just rely on EA Sports titles instead as their big non sports games are just not getting good receptions. I fully expect the remake of Dead Space to get heavily battered in reviews too. If it wasnt for the success of the FIFA and F1 titles, EA would probably be dead in the water now. Though perhaps if anything BF2042 being a retail flop would probably mean the end of DICE rather than EA

Ea only have themselves to blame if that's the case, unrealistic launch deadlines to coincide with Christmas regardless of what state the game is in. Been a running theme with bf games but this could well be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Man of Honour
Ea only have themselves to blame if that's the case, unrealistic launch deadlines to coincide with Christmas regardless of what state the game is in. Been a running theme with bf games but this could well be the straw that breaks the camels back.

It will be DICE who suffer, EA will continue, they will just break up DICE and DICE will cease to exist. Luckily for EA they make a ton of money from Apex Legends ( $1 billion as of summer this year from selling stuff on Apex Legends) and an even bigger ton of money from their sports titles.

Soldato
OP
FIFA is actually losig its "fifa" licence in 2022 with 2K sports possibly taking the licence

Man of Honour
FIFA is actually losig its "fifa" licence in 2022 with 2K sports possibly taking the licence

Has that happened now? I thought that a final decision on it wasnt being made until after the World Cup next year? Even if they do lose the license, thats only the license to put the name FIFA on the box, they still have licenses for all the players and leagues so the teams, logos, badges, players etc would all still be able to be used.

Soldato
OP
Has that happened now? I thought that a final decision on it wasnt being made until after the World Cup next year? Even if they do lose the license, thats only the license to put the name FIFA on the box, they still have licenses for all the players and leagues so the teams, logos, badges, players etc would all still be able to be used.
i guess not yet.

Fifa want billions for the deal to be renewed else they will go to 2k sports.

NO i think they will lose the teams and kits etc.

ELse why woulkd 2k sports be all over this for just slapping on the name "fifa" in there cover box?

its more then that especially when fifa are asking for billions more. and it aint just to use the name fifa

Permabanned
Sure thing, we can definitely agree to disagree but we cant get back to slagging off Battlefield because I'm having fun with it (so we may have to agree to disagree on that one too, its almost like we are two different people with different likes and dislikes ! :D )

Talking of steam reviews , I did think that the steam discussion thread titled "Genderfield V vs Battlebug 2042" was a pretty funny thread title :)

I do sort of like it :p but it has a lot of annoyances is all.....

Soldato
Do the vehicles feel slow to respond for anyone else? For instance the jeep feels like there's a massive amount of input lag from when pressing keys and it actually turning!

Back
Top Bottom