Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
So you guys reckon it would be possible to fix modem issue on Pixel 6 or is it a hardware issue and we will just have to accept it as the usual poor google hardware trade-off?

Last edited:
Soldato
So I sideloaded the update (froze transferring the first attempt, which had me worried, but just reboot and try again and all was fine). I guess it feels slightly faster, but I would still say it's a little slow. Time will tell if it's become more reliable too.

Soldato
I've had 500mbps/50mpbs on 5G but also had 40mbps/20mbps on 5G (different location), remember its a band and 5G speeds can be actually lower than 4G or even 3G depending on location and other factors.

Soldato
I suspect we may see some patches to optimise issues raised, as it's Google's first crack at a custom SOC and they will want to get it right. But how far ranging those fixes will be depends on what they can reproduce themselves.

I've not had any particular issues with the cellular connection on the phone. Had 5G fine last night in central London (on o2).

Soldato
are you actually seeing any issues?

can't say I've noticed any problems with my p6.

I think so, I have not tested extensively but noticed poor 5g reception in a supposedly 5g area with speeds worse than 4g, might have been my location so I am not sure. This seems to be frequently reported issue as per linked reddit thread here.

Associate
I think so, I have not tested extensively but noticed poor 5g reception in a supposedly 5g area with speeds worse than 4g, might have been my location so I am not sure. This seems to be frequently reported issue as per linked reddit thread here.

I was checking this out yesterday, we have a 5g mast near the house. My s21 Ultra always gets full bars at 5g , anyway walked the dog up through the field with both phones. Pixel 6 was bizarrely showing 4g, double checked to make sure 5g was enabled and it was. S21 ultra showing full bars.

Tested the cameras together and the colour accuracy is really off on the s21 ultra compared to the Pixel 6 pro especially when the light isn't perfect

Associate
So I have sent my Pixel 6 back for a refund about a week ago, still no refund as yet. However I just got an email, well 2 emails to say that my Google reward has been dispatched! I told Google that Im sending the phone back and dont want the promotional headphones anymore. Sort it out Google.

Soldato
So I have sent my Pixel 6 back for a refund about a week ago, still no refund as yet. However I just got an email, well 2 emails to say that my Google reward has been dispatched! I told Google that Im sending the phone back and dont want the promotional headphones anymore. Sort it out Google.

why would you not want the free gift ?

Back
Top Bottom