*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
The snow map and orbital run fine on the 980 GTX system, however both the city scraper and the docks are so unplayable it stutters down to the 30fps! It feels like I'm using a 4GB ram system, which is at 16 :(

The 2070 RTX Super's frame rates are between 70-100, however that too stutters, but isn't unplayable

Associate
This game has a million problems but I really can't get over the horrible design of the maps. Barren wastelands, they look like they were auto generated by a program and not a human. Not to mention that everything is brand new, buildings, roads etc, where's the atmosphere? Is this a war or an architectural contest?

Have you seen the desert map (Hourglass), it looks like it's from a mobile game from 2005.

And someone said here that this game has the best looking graphics ever? Just lol.

That was my first impression! The places depicted in the maps are pristine with shiny surfaces and clean roads/car parks everywhere. It’s just weirdly shambolic. I can’t make sense of what they were trying to present.

We have pretty bad internet here, and my wife was wondering why the connection was so slow last week whilst it was downloading. I told her that “the new battlefield is out on Friday so you might not see me for the next few evenings after the kids are in bed”. She rolled her eyes “righto”. She knows that means I’d normally be up playing most nights for the next few weeks. Tonight she asked why I was watching Netflix instead of playing BF. I told her it was crap and she was like “oh that’s a shame, you normally like that.” Then she asked how much it was (50quid) and then she gave me the whole “lol, what a waste of money you t**t.” and I was like “yeah, gutted”. Then she asked “why do you need that pc anyway, you have a PlayStation?” And for the first time ever I was like “yeah… maybe you’re right…. hang on no I need for the VR headset.”

That’s how bad it is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That was my first impression! The places depicted in the maps are pristine with shiny surfaces and clean roads/car parks everywhere. It’s just weirdly shambolic. I can’t make sense of what they were trying to present.

I doubt they even know, it just screams "unfinished" to me. A global catastrophe going on and the streets are spotless and everyones cracking jokes in the end round screens.

Soldato
Thought I'd try it again tonight with a couple of my mates. It's an absolute **** show... PP 29's everywhere, lasering from across the map. Hit reg is still a mess, hover crafts every where. It's just awful :( I'm so sad as I wanted to love this. I'll come back in a few months.

Soldato
I've been using the soflam and I'm really disappointed with it, it doesn't do anything to increase the terrible range. It just doesn't really change much.

I remembering using it in BF3 and it was a force multiplier, in this it's a waste of a gadget.

Caporegime
Just run anti air and have someone in your squad drop you re-supply

LOL, drop you resupply? You can't even tell who has what because the sniper is using lmg, the supply guy is using sniper rifles, the medic seems to be non ******* existent, and everyone looks the same. I've never seen a supposed "battlefield" game where ammo drops and health packs are rarer than rocking horse ****.

Used to be you could tell visually who was the medic, and who was support with ammo, but why go with something that works? Let's let everyone pick whatever they want look like whatever they want and let the retardedness ensue!!!!!:cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL, drop you resupply? You can't even tell who has what because the sniper is using lmg, the supply guy is using sniper rifles, the medic seems to be non ******* existent, and everyone looks the same. I've never seen a supposed "battlefield" game where ammo drops and health packs are rarer than rocking horse ****.

Used to be you could tell visually who was the medic, and who was support with ammo, but why go with something that works? Let's let everyone pick whatever they want look like whatever they want and let the retardedness ensue.

I only play with mates so that is your problem playing with randoms. You guys should add each other on here and group up or use the unofficial ocuk discord. It's dead in there I don't know why nobody uses it.

Caporegime
I only play with mates so that is your problem playing with randoms. You guys should add each other on here and group up or use the unofficial ocuk discord. It's dead in there I don't know why nobody uses it.

Congrats, still doesn't take away from the fact that the games attack of the clones and its impossible to tell who has what.

Caporegime
Congrats, still doesn't take away from the fact that the games attack of the clones and its impossible to tell who has what.

It's why I run anti air and my mate runs anti tank and we stay together and play as a squad. If you play with others it doesn't really matter who is what as long as you have your squad set up right.

Caporegime
It's why I run anti air and my mate runs anti tank and we stay together and play as a squad. If you play with others it doesn't really matter who is what as long as you have your squad set up right.

Playing squads is fine and dandy, but the game as it currently is makes playing solo even harder than it was because visually there's no way to tell who has what. In every other bf game you could tell at a glance who was who, no longer the case. A superb bit of game design from the slow learners at dice.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I havent had a single crash on this game, i wonder if the crashes are GPU temps because I have a Geforce 1660 and I go medium details for fps

HRL

HRL

Soldato
10 hours of gameplay and had my first crash tonight.

Sounds like that’s pretty good going TBH.

It’s sort of clicked for me now but there are lots of things that need tweaking to sort this game out. Burst firing an assault rifle and emptying an entire clip should be more effective than two rounds from the PP29 or whatever it’s called that seems to be used against me 95% of the time.

Soldato
I've had more fun playing custom gun game via Portal than the main game - I sort of wish I could pay £15/20 just for Portal.

Also it's been great running around Valparaiso in Rush mode again, up there in my favourite maps/modes.

Back
Top Bottom