******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
two of those links are not from CIG .

The other was posted by a random person in a public forum on spectrum.

Where did CIG specifically said the beta woudl come this year and last year?

I cant see it.

CIG's posts on that forum are highlighted in yellow by the way.

edit: i think last year one was announced by CIG back in 2019 or 2018? they said they will aim to try and get a internal beta done by end of 2020? keyword "aim".

But after them saying that, i dont ever recall them saying it will now be ready around now...

Question for you @deuse , Do you want CIG to release a rushed buggy SQ42 sp game like CP77 or the recent BF2042? or release something that is not rushed and very very polished?

Soldato

I cant see it.

edit: i think last year one was announced by CIG back in 2019 or 2018? they said they will aim to try and get a internal beta done by end of 2020? keyword "aim".

But after them saying that, i dont ever recall them saying it will now be ready around now...

Question for you @deuse , Do you want CIG to release a rushed buggy SQ42 sp game like CP77 or the recent BF2042? or release something that is not rushed and very very polished?

Come on dude.
They have missed so many dates for both games it's silly.

CGI said in 2020 that the game is done when it's done.
After 6 years of missed dates.

From your leader https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...um/3/thread/star-citizen-birthday-ama/3433755

Soldato
Come on dude.
They have missed so many dates for both games it's silly.

CGI said in 2020 that the game is done when it's done.
After 6 years of missed dates.

From your leader https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...um/3/thread/star-citizen-birthday-ama/3433755
Wait, when did CIG put a release date on Star citizen the MMO game?

Also,sorry but i must be blind.

where in this block of text from cig said a release date for SQ42 Game

Tomorrow we’ll be launching the inaugural episode of the “The Briefing Room” a show focused just on Squadron 42, which we are planning to do every quarter (3 months) until Squadron 42 releases, where we will address some of this.

We haven’t been happy with how effectively we’ve been showing progress on Squadron 42, as we felt the previous format didn’t do a good job of all in communicating just how much work is going on. The new roadmap format which we’ve been working towards and on since we announced we would be changing it up will do a much better job in show what people are working on at any given time as opposed to just focusing on deliverable features. I briefly discussed our thinking in https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...atmospheric-room-system-4-years-later/3366441

Squadron 42 is a tricky project to communicate on as we really don’t want to give the experience and story away which can make updating on certain content or features challenging.

We DO give regular updates on Squadron 42, even though we haven’t updated the Squadron 42 Roadmap since the beginning of this year with the monthly reports. The most recent one was earlier this week https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-143128. We also occasionally have content or feature updates on things that will be in Squadron, as we did with the new Vanduul ships in the Inside Star Citizen Episode: Enemy Mine

We also communicate way more than any other developer or publisher than I am aware of in terms of work and progress on Star Citizen, which is the game “The Pledge” was referring to; We have multiple video shows per week, lore updates, developers regularly engage in the forums, have a weekly newsletter and well as regular monthly reports.

I don’t think the issue is whether we treat our community with respect, as that is core tenet of the entire company, or lack of communication; it’s different people want communication in different forms; some want in depth long talky videos, some want just the sizzle videos with pretty graphics. Some people want huge technical treatises on server meshing and others just want the ELI5 version and finally a lot of people just want to know when a feature or the game will be done.

And I think that’s the crux of the issue; it’s impossible to please all the people all the time, and with a project as complicated as Star Citizen or even Squadron 42 it’s impossible to have iron clad dates due to the huge amount of ongoing R&D.

So yes, I do feel like we have been meeting “The Pledge”.

Does that mean we can’t improve?

No, we can always improve, and if you follow CIG and Star Citizen close enough you will notice that we are always trying new things and tweaking existing processes both in our development approach and structure in how we communicate and share information with all of you. The new Roadmap will be part of this, as will the Briefing Room.

Soldato
Wait, when did CIG put a release date on Star citizen the MMO game?

Also,sorry but i must be blind.

where in this block of text from cig said a release date for SQ42 Game

"well we do know mid-2019 they announced they wanted SQ42 to be in a state of beta complete for the end of 2020 AND they said later in 2020 that it was not going to be beta ready and there was still more work to do"

https://www.boredgamer.co.uk/2020/12/29/where-is-my-squadron-42/

I posted here years ago about the missed dates.
I will be dead before it comes out.

Soldato
"well we do know mid-2019 they announced they wanted SQ42 to be in a state of beta complete for the end of 2020 AND they said later in 2020 that it was not going to be beta ready and there was still more work to do"

But you said they missed both the end of 2020(which i said i agreed) and then you ALSO said they missed this year's release date.

YOu then posted a load of waffle links that proved you wrong regarding the "release date of end 2021"

Caporegime
i wonder if the guy who dropped $30k+ on it back in the day has continued purchasing at that rate?
theyre the same people that drop 60k to hundreds of Ks on mobile games.

they don't miss the money, I've been in clans with a few whales over the years.
none of them care about money they are big earners.

it's like you giving 50 to charity

Soldato
Soldato

Squadron 42 is Star Citizen’s Single Player Campaign, where the player plays as a pilot in the military against Vanduul and Pirate threats… it was announced for release in 2014 then delayed and suggested in 2016 BUT now it’s release date is unknown.

It's only 7 years late, give them a break, some people just have no patience...

:rolleyes:

Associate

I cant see it.

Anyone who refers to this project as "rushed" needs to get serious help immediately.

Soldato
Man nobody in their right mind should be talking about this game being rushed out with bugs. When you give expected completion dates you expect them to reasonably meet them or to allow some time in between for unexpected things to happen, but not 7 years that’s just crazy.

they don’t have a projected release date because they just don’t know themselves what is going on.

if you want to continue adding new worlds and content that’s great, that’s usually done via expansions.

Soldato
After 10 years of watching this from afar I gave this a go on the free fly time, with a friend who has played it a fair bit before and... Meh.

Pretty janky controls, flying doesn't feel that satisfying, shooting didn't feel that satisfying, terrible performance on a 3700X with 16GB Ram and 6800XT. Quite a few glitches and bugs in our 2h playing including guns not firing and my mate getting stuck floating in space without any control (I had to reverse into him in our ship so he was scooped into the cargo bay).

But it has great sense of scale when wandering around New Babbage I think it was and looked quite nice. I matched scratched the surface of maybe 1% of the gameplay systems it has.

Edit I might have the wrong thread I don't even know if this is the same game!

Soldato
After 10 years of watching this from afar I gave this a go on the free fly time, with a friend who has played it a fair bit before and... Meh.

Pretty janky controls, flying doesn't feel that satisfying, shooting didn't feel that satisfying, terrible performance on a 3700X with 16GB Ram and 6800XT. Quite a few glitches and bugs in our 2h playing including guns not firing and my mate getting stuck floating in space without any control (I had to reverse into him in our ship so he was scooped into the cargo bay).

But it has great sense of scale when wandering around New Babbage I think it was and looked quite nice. I matched scratched the surface of maybe 1% of the gameplay systems it has.

Edit I might have the wrong thread I don't even know if this is the same game!

Quite a bit of that is from the server load. Its a single server per shard at the moment that simulates the entire solar system and basically gets overwhelmed after all locations have been visited as they're stremed in and out. You would find your FPS and performance much better on a freshly spun up server. Basically your pc even if it meets the minimums is not the bottleneck currently. Server Meshing is the tech that allows them to offload functions across multiple servers and simulate the game universe outside of the servers dishing up the objects... should ensure high server tick rates leading to AI working better, smoother flight mechanics etc.

Soldato
Tried playing some more last night. Logged on having logged off the game at Everus. Woke up in New Babbage in medical gear... So I've died whilst logged off and lost my stuff again? Great.
Head over to the expo and my character trips walking up the stairs in the expo hall and bleeds to death. Awesome.

This current build is god awful. It's barely functional for pure tech demo purpossess, let alone any actual gameplay. Prior to the Expo I'd been considering spending some money on a new ship or an upgrade, but that plan is out of the window. I don't mind the odd bug, but the reoccurrance of many old issues (such as bounties not spawning) combined with randomly dying for no reason and losing your equipment. It's just not even worth bothering with.

Back
Top Bottom