BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
There is a downside to this - even games you haven't played for a while will get updates. I filled a 4TB HDD with XBox Game Pass games and got fed up when every time I switched it on, there were one or two games that started updating. Yes, it hardly matters with fibre internet but it still got on my nerves. So now I've put the HDD on my PC and mostly use Xcloud!

I thought you could set the console to automatically update when in standby?

Soldato
I'm all up and running with bt 900mb fttp.

Initially my speeds were 920mb but have now dropped to around 450.

Will have a play this evening and see if its an issue on my end, but having looked on the bt forum it's a common issue.

Man of Honour
Will have a play this evening and see if its an issue on my end, but having looked on the bt forum it's a common issue.
The line will only be guaranteed to 450 Mbps, anything over is a bonus and it depends how heavily utilised it is in your area. Most of my neighbours are old and probably don't have much beyond 80 Mbps so I get 900 pretty much all of the time. But then again it might be a BT 'ism'.

Caporegime
I'm all up and running with bt 900mb fttp.

Initially my speeds were 920mb but have now dropped to around 450.

That's a bummer. The Openreach engineer I had said the 900Mb product is flaky at best, he wasn't enthused about it at all. They seem to have a lot of trouble getting it working to full speeds. I still would have picked it if I had chosen BT over Sky though.

Caporegime
I wouldn't listen to Openreach engineers too closely, they seem to like making conversation by just making things up. All the physical network runs at 2.5Gbps down and 1.2Gbps up, there's no difference between getting the various product tiers working.

V F

V F

Soldato
That's a bummer. The Openreach engineer I had said the 900Mb product is flaky at best, he wasn't enthused about it at all. They seem to have a lot of trouble getting it working to full speeds. I still would have picked it if I had chosen BT over Sky though.

Hmm... I wonder... Is that the reason why Sky only has the 515MB package?

Soldato
Just to report back, after rebooting the ONT and changing some settings on my ASUS router I'm now running at full glorious speed.

I had to enable QOS and jumbo frames.

Associate
I’m currently paying Giganet £49 for 1000/110. Giganet promise no price rises. I’m out of contract.

Giganet do;
£35 for 200/30.
£45 for 500/70.
£49 for 1000/110.

Do you got any link for the Giganet offer of £49 for 1000/110, on there site it is £79 they are more expensive than Zen.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't listen to Openreach engineers too closely, they seem to like making conversation by just making things up. All the physical network runs at 2.5Gbps down and 1.2Gbps up, there's no difference between getting the various product tiers working.

In all the years I've only had one OR/BT engineer who knew what they were talking about - the one before last knew the job well enough but in conversation was coming out with the weirdest, tabloid kind of level, tech mumbo jumbo.

Back
Top Bottom