• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
My right trigger is sticking slightly which is annoying when playing Forza, it doesn't stick in place but I can feel it if that makes sense.

Is it worth sending off for repair and ordering another controller? If so are different colour schemes for the official controller easily available?

Thanks

Associate
My right trigger is sticking slightly which is annoying when playing Forza, it doesn't stick in place but I can feel it if that makes sense.

Is it worth sending off for repair and ordering another controller? If so are different colour schemes for the official controller easily available?

Thanks

It took 5 workings days for them to send me a new headset, that included me sending my back so it is well worth doing.

Soldato
Evening all. Hopefully sold my PC and being collected tomorrow.

I'm looking at going back to console, whilst I may also get a switch I'm mostly leaving towards Xbox.

I'm just wondering if an X is actually worth it for my requirements.

Maximum TV size will be 50" and maybe 4k...I've been used to gaming at 1080 on the PC.

Is the X worth he extra cash or would I be happy with the S and the cash going towards a new TV to replace our 8+ year Samsung 1080P tv?

Or dare I say is a PS5 worth looking at?

Associate
Evening all. Hopefully sold my PC and being collected tomorrow.

I'm looking at going back to console, whilst I may also get a switch I'm mostly leaving towards Xbox.

I'm just wondering if an X is actually worth it for my requirements.

Maximum TV size will be 50" and maybe 4k...I've been used to gaming at 1080 on the PC.

Is the X worth he extra cash or would I be happy with the S and the cash going towards a new TV to replace our 8+ year Samsung 1080P tv?

Or dare I say is a PS5 worth looking at?
If you want to game at 4k- Series X only.

If you want to play at decent refresh rate 120+ at a decent res 1440p, even the newer games eg Halo infinite only run at 1440p 120Hz on the series X.

Personally, the higher refresh rate is a game changer (only just bought my dell 27@ and series X this week)

Soldato
If you want to game at 4k- Series X only.

If you want to play at decent refresh rate 120+ at a decent res 1440p, even the newer games eg Halo infinite only run at 1440p 120Hz on the series X.

Personally, the higher refresh rate is a game changer (only just bought my dell 27@ and series X this week)

I'm not sure really. I've got a 1080P TV which is around 10 years old! Likely to upgrade but to a TV around £600-£800 budget so not sure if see any benefit?

I'm a dad of 2 and the main reason I'm selling the PC is because it's been played o a handful of times this year. I want my eldest daughter to have a bit of a dabble in gaming.

It's either this, PS5 or Switch.

I'm just wondering if I'd be still happy with the S for the potential few hours a week I'll game.

I was more than happy with my PC playing 1080p so for me even 1440 is a stepup.

Caporegime
It says my top 5 most played games are:

cod4
MW2
Gears 5
Overwatch
Fortnite

The last two are logged when my son plays.

Then it says my most played game is Gears 5. So I take it the top 5 aren’t in order?

Caporegime
So my series X turns up today, a benefit of covid I managed to snag one!

So what's the basic rules on external storage, can I carry on using my mechanical drive from the xbox one? Or should I buy an external SSD? Do I have to transfer games about from internal to external storage?

Soldato
So my series X turns up today, a benefit of covid I managed to snag one!

So what's the basic rules on external storage, can I carry on using my mechanical drive from the xbox one? Or should I buy an external SSD? Do I have to transfer games about from internal to external storage?

You can carry on using it I beleive, but for series S/X enhanced games you need to transfer/play them from the internal SSD.

Soldato
Finally managed to bag one, with an Elite controller, just need to find room for the thing now!
Game? Almost got one before deciding I wasn't willing to pay the extra for the Elite controller as seemingly Game aren't selling the console on its own.

Soldato
So really then there's not much benefit to getting an external ssd to store games on? I will just be juggling the games I'm currently playing onto the internal HDD.

Not to sure as I just use the internal drive here. I think the benefit is that you can play xbox one games from an external drive still, so no juggling them games between internal and external, but if they are series x enhanced they would need to be on the internal or that seagate expansion card that slots in the back on the series x.
I just delete as and when if i'm low on space, I have about 8 games on the series x internal, 5 of them quite large files like MSfs 2020, BF 2042, forza horizon, and then some smaller games that take up hardly any room.
I try not to have a pile of shame.:D

Caporegime
OP
I have about 8 games on the series x internal, 5 of them quite large files like MSfs 2020, BF 2042, forza horizon, and then some smaller games that take up hardly any room.
I try not to have a pile of shame.:D

That's the same with me - unfortunately with my Series S, just those two games alone are taking up 60-odd% of my SSD space. I really need extra storage. Or buy a Series X aswell. :p

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Game? Almost got one before deciding I wasn't willing to pay the extra for the Elite controller as seemingly Game aren't selling the console on its own.

I missed out on so many Xbox drops, I decided to go for the Elite one as I have been looking for one as well. Might save some pennies on batteries also :)

Soldato
Xbox series x drop on Game this morning, almost decided to get one but Mrs didn't let me. Seems to be a trend if you check early morning about 5:00 then you get stock.

Back
Top Bottom