Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Supposed to be getting a frost or something close to it I've had to actually turn the heating on it finally feels cold its been ridiculously mild for weeks now was on track for a record but looks like that won't happen now.

Yes glad i moved my plants yesterday, can see it on top of annexe.
Good thing about west facing and bifolds is it will be 20c in here without heating later

bsh.jpg

Man of Honour
Looks like Friday/Saturday could see fairly widespread wintery weather - mostly sleet - but some high places might see snow in some cases possibly quite a bit. Seems very fleeting though.

Soldato
Associate
If you live in the north east then tie anything loose down because tomorrow night you are in for it!

GFS & Arpege both going for one hell of a night...North wales, Shropshire through staffs, derbyshire northwards/

10pm:

4tyLX20
e8VIXn8.png

1am

fZDcIWg.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Constant upgrades on the snow front on the model runs tonight - though looks like only really applies to people on high ground, sleet or rain for everyone else.

Man of Honour
XCW is giving us all kinds of snow amounts (8cm+) in the south west London area currently ... Highly expecting that to change / disappear!!

https://xcweather.uk/forecast/id:36304

Definitely a case of batten down the hatches for the north east!!

Only 0.7cm for me in the SW (Somerset) but I doubt it will be more than sleet. The wind direction and gusts even down here will be nasty and quite likely to bring trees down - I might head off from work early as it looks particularly bad my normal time for coming home.

Commissario
Has the Daily Express imploded yet with the thought of the allegedly incoming snow?

Local idiots on the radio saying we're going to get six inches of snow and 75mph winds.

XC Weather suggests gusts up to 40mph (and it usually massively over estimates) and 0.8cm snow with rain either side.

Back
Top Bottom