Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
So what's the general consensus?

I'm looking for a replacement for my S10, my phone barely gets used during the day when I'm at work but I'm a fairly heavy user on an evening back at home, will the battery life be an issue? It will be connected to WiFi.

I'd be looking at the 6 Pro.

Soldato

I'm looking for a replacement for my S10, my phone barely gets used during the day when I'm at work but I'm a fairly heavy user on an evening back at home, will the battery life be an issue? It will be connected to WiFi.

Maybe watch some reviews. It's a really good phone and some crazy good prices on hot deals for both pixel 6 variants. Battery has been good for me. I would imagine it lasts a lot longer than what you have now.

Associate

Battery life will be fine. Idle discharge is really good and I would describe my usage as the same as yours. I've had it off charge for 12hrs now and I'm just at 50% left.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
...I'd be looking at the 6 Pro.

I got the standard 6. I'm hoping it matures well regarding the software, as people have pointed out it has issues (sensor) camera not amazing, heavy etc. I wasn't blown away but there's credit for my previous phone as it was very good beforehand.

I have no doubt utilised all of its potential just yet and think it will get better, although the headphones were also why I was attracted to it as I do enjoy listening to my music so will see how that fares once they arrive.

Soldato
I got the standard 6. I'm hoping it matures well regarding the software, as people have pointed out it has issues (sensor) camera not amazing, heavy etc. I wasn't blown away but there's credit for my previous phone as it was very good beforehand.

I have no doubt utilised all of its potential just yet and think it will get better, although the headphones were also why I was attracted to it as I do enjoy listening to my music so will see how that fares once they arrive.
I've had no problems with my camera. Have taken so. Great pictures and videos.

Soldato
I've had no problems with my camera. Have taken so. Great pictures and videos.

I never said there was a problem with it, just its not amazing, as others have said it over processes images but for what I need it to do is fine. Other phones may trump it, I know my wife's iPhone has a decent camera and it doesn't blow that away at all - so I am hoping with some refinements the updates get more out of it as I am aware its fresh hardware.

Soldato
I never said there was a problem with it, just its not amazing, as others have said it over processes images but for what I need it to do is fine. Other phones may trump it, I know my wife's iPhone has a decent camera and it doesn't blow that away at all - so I am hoping with some refinements the updates get more out of it as I am aware its fresh hardware.
I dunno the images here are very much true to life and very colour accurate. Samsung over processes images and oversaturates them but not the case with pixel. Yes there's processing as Google uses a lot of AI but the processing is for the good not bad. Any examples of what you mean?

Soldato
It's just the HDR part I found a little too aggressive on the photos front.

Not sure if it's worth trying local Vodafone store to see if they'll sell me the Pro hassle free for £605.

Associate
I think my camera (pixel 6) has got better the more I have used it. Don't know if it's sneaky updates or whether it's learning how I use the camera.
I made a video yesterday, the lady on the job I'm working on wanted a video of her operating the digger before we knocked it off hire. When I showed her the video on my phone she was blown away by how good it was (I smiled a bit inside lol :D ) This morning her husband wanted to know what phone I had as she had shown him via a link to the video on my google photos. :)
My cases turned up from AliExpress today, not bad 12 days. They were recommended on here and I like them better than my official Google case. My favourite is the blue woodgrain one. I am going to order some spares too as mine get knackered fast.

Soldato
I dunno the images here are very much true to life and very colour accurate. Samsung over processes images and oversaturates them but not the case with pixel. Yes there's processing as Google uses a lot of AI but the processing is for the good not bad. Any examples of what you mean?

Yeah if you check back the pages on here there are many posts about the camera and from opinions of deeper experience/pedantism than I can offer but I understood what they meant from a constructive criticism perspective.

Myself I take lots of pictures with the family when out an about, so one of the strengths when I was alerted to its release was its ability to remove photo bombers and objects from the images which again was a positive for me. :)

Soldato
I don't understand people who are negative against cameras on phones and the quality they produce.

It tends to be comments like "a little over processed" or "colours are a little off". It's a phone camera and they do a fantastic job based on their limitations caused by things like physical factors.

It's like audiophiles saying the phone speakers sound quality is a little off as they are used to a full Dolby setup.

If you really won't professional pictures, go buy a proper professional camera and not rely on the same quality from your phone then be annoyed to the point of returning the phone

Soldato
I don't understand people who are negative against cameras on phones and the quality they produce.

It tends to be comments like "a little over processed" or "colours are a little off". It's a phone camera and they do a fantastic job based on their limitations caused by things like physical factors.

It's like audiophiles saying the phone speakers sound quality is a little off as they are used to a full Dolby setup.

If you really won't professional pictures, go buy a proper professional camera and not rely on the same quality from your phone then be annoyed to the point of returning the phone

Definitely this. Any phone camera is decent enough for taking quick snaps. But if you want professional grade pictures, buy a proper camera. You'll never get that quality from something as small and slim as a phone.

The camera on my OnePlus 7pro was never rated as one of the best, but it's perfectly good enough for what I use it for.

Soldato
Yes, what they can do is amazing, but... it could/can take a 10 out of 10 photo but it does something software related to make it an 8. I think it's okay have a little moan and hope they 'fix' it?

Associate
Have had Samsung's from the s2 through to s10e before getting my pixel 6.
Absolutely love it but best improvement to me is the camera.
I don't compare any camera to a professional camera but for point and click i love it.
Magic eraser for those photos with small areas you want removed is fantastic and something i thought could never work. How can it know what is behind an object.
My wife and i are away for a weekend trip and i took a picture of her in a pub.
When looking at the picture there was someone in the background at another table that looked as though they were perched on her shoulder.
Selected magic eraser and it suggested the removal of this person, touched the screen and they were gone.
What i found amazing was that the window frame behind that person now continued down in a straight line and the picture looked perfect.
Ok, it well never remove huge objects and know what was behind them but there are occasions where it will rescue a photo and make it perfect.
Battery life and everything else on the phone i find really good and am so glad i made the change.

Associate
Have had Samsung's from the s2 through to s10e before getting my pixel 6.
Absolutely love it but best improvement to me is the camera.
I don't compare any camera to a professional camera but for point and click i love it.
Magic eraser for those photos with small areas you want removed is fantastic and something i thought could never work. How can it know what is behind an object.
My wife and i are away for a weekend trip and i took a picture of her in a pub.
When looking at the picture there was someone in the background at another table that looked as though they were perched on her shoulder.
Selected magic eraser and it suggested the removal of this person, touched the screen and they were gone.
What i found amazing was that the window frame behind that person now continued down in a straight line and the picture looked perfect.
Ok, it well never remove huge objects and know what was behind them but there are occasions where it will rescue a photo and make it perfect.
Battery life and everything else on the phone i find really good and am so glad i made the change.

It's a fantastic camera indeed, got my Pixel 6 with the official case from Google.

It works pretty much the same way as content aware does in Photoshop. Just not as in depth, in Photoshop you can do it very precisely.

Soldato
What's people's views on dark theme? I like a dark wallpaper and therefore the home screen looks better with black around it. However not keen on apps being all black like WhatsApp and Gmail. I was pleased to see I could over ride in WhatsApp and around 50% of Google apps, but many like 'photos' I do not seem to have an option. I presume I would need to use a 3rd party launcher to tweak my home screen and leave everything else dark theme ?

Associate
Morning,

can anyone recommend a charging brick for this?. Ordered that Samsung one on offer the other week and that's disappeared in the post it seems but I've requested a return somehow :D.

Looked at the official brick but just gone to order it and it's quoting 2 weeks . . . awesome stuff

Thanks.

Soldato
Morning,

can anyone recommend a charging brick for this?. Ordered that Samsung one on offer the other week and that's disappeared in the post it seems but I've requested a return somehow :D.

Looked at the official brick but just gone to order it and it's quoting 2 weeks . . . awesome stuff

Thanks.

Deal of the day: Belkin BoostCharge 25W Wall Chargers with PPS (USB-C Power Delivery, Fast Charger for iPhone, Samsung, Galaxy Tab, iPad and more) https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092W1XGCL/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_P60AHR8NWA7M4AMGSCC6

Deal of the day: UGREEN USB C Charger Plug PD 25W Type C Wall Fast Charging Adapter with USB C Cable Compatible with Samsung S21/S21+/S21 Ultra/S20/Note20/Note10/S9/S8/, iPad Pro, Air 4, iPad Mini 6 etc. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0913BHL7V/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_5B6QMAE7YVXB2AW6YY5K

Back
Top Bottom