Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
2 issues.

The radar is useless compared to previous iterations.

They really need to have player collision. It's creating lots of issues with melee hit reg as often you run through enemies.

Soldato
OP
My number keys for changing weapons don't work? and the scroll wheel seems to be way to sensitive it swaps back to my current weapon 70% of the time.

Soldato
How random are the weapons on respawn in Tenrai Fiesta? So many times one team takes a big lead and all of a sudden you see enemies with Energy Swords and Gravity Hammers completely annihilating your team and get a big come back?

Soldato
How random are the weapons on respawn in Tenrai Fiesta? So many times one team takes a big lead and all of a sudden you see enemies with Energy Swords and Gravity Hammers completely annihilating your team and get a big come back?

It's random but remember you can pick up the weapons dropped - swords etc

Soldato
How is the performance of lower / mid range cards for this? Running 1440p and hitting about 120-140fps on max settings with a 3080. Expected better because it doesn't look that graphically demanding.

Associate
How is the performance of lower / mid range cards for this? Running 1440p and hitting about 120-140fps on max settings with a 3080. Expected better because it doesn't look that graphically demanding.
Get from high 80s to around 110fps in this on high settings except 2 things on ultra, im using a 2070...have you tried increasing the minimum frames in the settings? i increased it to 82fps minimum and for some reason get much better fps now, when it was set to 60fps minimum i would get stutters and didnt play as smooth

Soldato
Get from high 80s to around 110fps in this on high settings except 2 things on ultra, im using a 2070...have you tried increasing the minimum frames in the settings? i increased it to 82fps minimum and for some reason get much better fps now, when it was set to 60fps minimum i would get stutters and didnt play as smooth
I'll take a look at that setting later :)

Soldato
Anyone else getting instant crashing to desktop? Zero error, no warning. Literally instant CTD's...

I was getting this yes when loading into any game - Updated GPU drivers and it hasn't happened since. However once I finally did get into a game successfully I left it to join my friends (who had started queuing without me so I wasn't wasting their time with my crashes + retrying) and the game banned me for half an hour (evidently all those attempts to join counted as me leaving matches!)

Halo totally passed me by as I never had an Xbox, been meaning to pickup the MCC but gave this a go as it's free - I like it :) Not so keen on the bigger battles but the smaller ones really give me an Unreal Tournament vibe which was always my favourite of the FPS's back in the day

I'm also 100% a Mouse + Keyboard player but having read the reports of the aggressive auto-aim I had a try with the controller and I recommend it if you're curious - it's kinda crazy how much "assistance" it gives you (I'm still too bad at the movement etc. on the pad so it didn't give me much of an advantage but I can understand why the stats show pad players are doing significantly better overall)

Associate
Tried this over the weekend. Having never played Halo before, I wanted to see what all the fuss is.

Played some CTF and TDM.....dull, boring and slow. :/

In fact, I finally got round to re-purchasing UT2004 again after not playing it for years (put 1000s of hours in back in the day).
Still does everything better than Halo gameplay-wise.

This is modern online gaming? I must be an old fart.

Soldato
Well it goes without saying that UT2004 will never quite be topped :p Epic could maybe have done it but they'd rather call us all pirates and then waste all of their time and effort grabbing mediocre exclusives and promoting their garbage "store" instead :p

Associate
really enjoying halo but i'm starting to notice more cheaters i really hope the devs clamp down on this as i don't want it to get like warzone

Associate
I have not played a Halo game since Halo 3 on the the 360 - I really enjoyed that for a month or so until Modern Warfare was released. I tried Infinite for a bit of nostalgia and it has hooked me really bad. I have put a load of hours into it and really haven't enjoyed a game as much as this for a long time.

In the many hours I have played so far I havent noticed any obvious cheaters, but reading various forums it is clear that more are appearing in the game. Nothing puts me off an mp game more than it being infiltrated with cheats. However making the game Free To Play and no anti-cheat at the moment is a recipe for disaster. I really hope 343 get a grip of this soon. On the subject of cheats - how sad must you be to want to cheat at an online game so it aims for you and you can see through walls? What sort of pride can you get from winning that way?

Are you guys playing in ranked or quick play?

Soldato
Yeah same. last couple of days I have noticed some god tier players that seem to know everything that's happening around the corner.

It's because the aimbot sights released new software for this, so the game is now rife with cheaters... It's a free MP game, so it's going to be full of them.

Associate
Played for around 30hrs and not come across 1 cheat so far, im not doubting there are people cheating, most games have them, but its not as rife as some people make out

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it but man I think I speak for us all when I say **** that stupid "power seeds" mode - it's so incredibly badly designed and I have never had a close nor fun game of it

Associate
I'm still enjoying it but man I think I speak for us all when I say **** that stupid "power seeds" mode - it's so incredibly badly designed and I have never had a close nor fun game of it

Not my favourite mode, but nope, had some really close power seed games going down to last seed takes all. It is very difficult to do well though if you are playing with bad team players thinking it's slayer, standing right next to seeds that should be on their way back to base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom