BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
The interior of the XIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM reminds me of an open tin of Quality Street after it's been drunkenly raided, with discarded wrappers and chocolate everywhere. Then your 6 year old spat out the toffees in to the wrappers and stuck them to the roof :cry:.

Soldato
I must have seen that image at least 100 times in the last 2 weeks !!

BMW don't even have a large grill (Except 7 series).
Since ~2009 the front grill on most Audi's has been much bigger than the recent BMW designs. Lexus have gone large on their grill for 6+ years too.

Soldato
Influence of Chinese taste : 2020 hadn't realised 1/3 bm sales are there, the same as combined us/uk/de ... will that skew further in the future.

Soldato
Soldato
I must have seen that image at least 100 times in the last 2 weeks !!

BMW don't even have a large grill (Except 7 series).
Since ~2009 the front grill on most Audi's has been much bigger than the recent BMW designs. Lexus have gone large on their grill for 6+ years too.
:confused:
4 series, M3, iX,

Soldato
What?

The grille on the 4 Series stretches the entire height of the front bumper and headlight area.
Yet Audi since 2009 - same height but 3x wider

51718174094_dafdf6806a_z.jpg

51717792178_e00687fc57_c.jpg

Lexus since 2014

I know several lifelong BMW purchasers who have moved away now.
Reminds me when Jaguar updated their XJ model from the 30+ year design to the X351 model in 2010 and all the Boomers hated it. Designs need to shift and move with the times, but I get people find change challenging !
Older customers move on - new customers start the journey, such is life :p

Soldato
Like a MASSIVE set of nostrils on the front of the car,
apparently eye brows, from chinese perspective

Fan Zhang, Design Vice President at GAC Motor, is quick to get a particularly trite cliché out the way in this context: «Copycat designs don’t sell. Young customers are far too educated for that. This second generation of car owners is united in its dislike of copycats.» In addition to the token superior user interface and user experience, Fan Zhang identifies another core trait of the ‘native’ Chinese automobile: «Customers tire of cars easily. Dominant types of design only last for so long.» Right now, he characterises the dominant type thus: «A front fascia with eyebrows that give a mean look - that’s a Chinese front.» But this front may fall out of favour again any second, given the general absence of brand loyalty and insatiable hunger for the new - hence the need to redesign cars at a pace not unlike the American car industry’s in the 1950s. «Styling needs to change fast, be new, which is why we have to run our company efficiently. We introduce new styling every 24 months, but design quality mustn’t suffer.»

Man of Honour
Lexus since 2014

Another awful looking car, which sells in comparatively small numbers compared to its competition. Not the best example.

Reminds me when Jaguar updated their XJ model from the 30+ year design to the X351 model in 2010 and all the Boomers hated it. Designs need to shift and move with the times, but I get people find change challenging !
Older customers move on - new customers start the journey, such is life :p

Yea, what happened with the XJ is the older customers moved on and new customers began the journey.

Oh wait no what actually happened is it ended up being the last XJ and went out of production. Whoops.

Back
Top Bottom