• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Many would say the base game is too much game as it is but it's good VFM if you don't get bored before finishing it. Another game that made me wish Sony hurry up and enabled VRR, always seems to be Ubisoft games wit the screen tearing.

Soldato
Sony really have cheaped out with a gimped Godfall. It’s pretty much the worst PS5 game so wouldn’t have been much for them to include the full game.

Agree, with the insane value of Gamepass you'd think they'd be doing a bit more than releasing what is basically a demo.

Today, a spokesperson for developer Counterplay told Eurogamer that the Challenger Edition was "not a trial", but a new cut-price, limited-feature edition.

So a paid demo then.

Soldato
Godfall is only £15 at CEX, possibly cheaper elsewhere, not really looked.
Not really that fussed in buying it but I would’ve given it a go for ‘free’. It’s meant to be pretty crap so no great loss. Speaking of CEX they have Outriders for £18 so I think I’ll grab that now that the free DLC is out. Fancy some shooting and looting for a change of pace.

Soldato
Not really that fussed in buying it but I would’ve given it a go for ‘free’. It’s meant to be pretty crap so no great loss. Speaking of CEX they have Outriders for £18 so I think I’ll grab that now that the free DLC is out. Fancy some shooting and looting for a change of pace.

Yeah it was never a £70 launch game. I quite enjoyed Outriders but as with all games like that I tend to get bored quickish, exception was Division 2.

Got Persona 5 Royale from Turkish store too for £10. Not that I ever finished the original. Yakuza remastered collection is also under a tenner.

Soldato
Sony are not going to compete with GP. GP loses Microsoft money. There is no way on this earth that Sony will put it's games on a day-1 sub.

They probably have room to improve PlayStation Now, but it will never be GP. Until the subs improve massively.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had a quick scan of the article - it suggests that PS Now will be the most expensive option. Which kind of makes it annoying for PC gamers who want to access the PS library because then they have to pay for PS+ which they can't use. This is the route I am going to take. But I suppose this is all speculation and we'll have to see what is actually announced.

Associate
Sony are not going to compete with GP. GP loses Microsoft money. There is no way on this earth that Sony will put it's games on a day-1 sub.

They probably have room to improve PlayStation Now, but it will never be GP. Until the subs improve massively.

I can't see Sony's version of Gamepass being as good as Microsoft's. I just can't see them adding day 1 releases and they won't be able to compete on price as you can get Gamepass for free if you are willing to earn Microsoft Reward Points.

I would love to be proved wrong though as a PS5 would go straight on my wish list if they were competitive. As it stands though £70 PS5 games are just such bad value compared to Gamepass.

Soldato
I can't see Sony's version of Gamepass being as good as Microsoft's. I just can't see them adding day 1 releases and they won't be able to compete on price as you can get Gamepass for free if you are willing to earn Microsoft Reward Points.

I would love to be proved wrong though as a PS5 would go straight on my wish list if they were competitive. As it stands though £70 PS5 games are just such bad value compared to Gamepass.
I think paying that for any game format is bad value. I'm just amazed at how many big titles they release on it. Surely if Sony did something similar it would have to be the same price as gamepass anyway.

Back
Top Bottom