Audi owners in here!

Caporegime
Is this a joke? Yes, exactly like Lamborghini, which saw a massive improvement in reliability and a corresponding down turn in the exuberant design of the Diablo / Countach era after being purchased by the VW group.

To be fair Mclaren already favour a cookie cutter by the numbers approach to their design, so not much to change there!
Hardly dull

Soldato
Countach was a disappointment. The STO is a bit confused. They aren't R8 on steroids though. Urus is garbage for influencers and footballers, taking the throne from the Continental GT.

Man of Honour
With my washer jet pump broken, a new battery needed soon and new brakes not far away, it may be time to move on from my AMG. Don’t want to drop too much cash, so going to see a TTRS this weekend. Should be interesting.

Man of Honour
More info? :)

Being delivered to my workplace on Tuesday :)

1 owner
15000 miles and in excellent condition.
Model just before the facelift, so a bit quicker.
20 inch wheel upgrade.
Carbon fibre mirror upgrade.

It’ll be a nice change from my AMG where various things have stopped working and getting the power down is a nightmare.

Man of Honour
What a car the TTRS is. It glides over the road - which is saying something given the 20inch alloys. Incredible levels of grip and such easy and accurate steering. A pretty loud and aggressive exhaust when in dynamic mode, even vs my V8. Considering it's cold and damp it didn't once lose traction, makes a change from the AMG this time of year that had become hard work - I mean the AMG managed to somehow break traction at 40mph this morning. Worth every penny. By far the best car I've owned. Need summer to roll along.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Anyone have any experience with the Q7 e-tron, or 4M Q7 in general?
What to look for, etc.
Running one without a warranty a stupid thing to do? They're commanding crazy prices €50-60k but I need a hybrid for tax reasons and something relatively large because children require the space of a Luton van, clearly.

Not prepared to pay X5 45e money or settle for a VAG 1.4 4-pot + electric motor.

Associate
Anyone have any experience with the Q7 e-tron, or 4M Q7 in general?
What to look for, etc.
Running one without a warranty a stupid thing to do? They're commanding crazy prices €50-60k but I need a hybrid for tax reasons and something relatively large because children require the space of a Luton van, clearly.

Not prepared to pay X5 45e money or settle for a VAG 1.4 4-pot + electric motor.

I sold my 2019 4M 50Tdi in Jun. It is a big heavy car that requires quite some shift to get going and I averaged 34mpg over the two years of mixed driving that I had it. Personally, I would never drive one out of warranty. There are so many stories on the Q7 forums that reflect the fact that things can go expensively wrong at any time.

The only issue I had was that the engine would stutter and almost misfire when driving at low speeds. It was embarrassing to be kangarooing down the road in a 'luxury' SUV. This was somewhat solved with a software update by Audi after several months of waiting and seeing what the issue was. This was a well known issue with the 50tdi diesel.

The reason I wouldn't go for the hybrid is that you lose the 3rd row seats. I would rather have a better 5 seat hybrid (X5 for example) than an etron Q7. Of course, you have already said that the X5 is a no go...

Otherwise, make sure you get one with the air suspension - this is lovely thing to have and does make a difference to the ride and handling.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I sold my 2019 4M 50Tdi in Jun. It is a big heavy car that requires quite some shift to get going and I averaged 34mpg over the two years of mixed driving that I had it. Personally, I would never drive one out of warranty. There are so many stories on the Q7 forums that reflect the fact that things can go expensively wrong at any time.

The only issue I had was that the engine would stutter and almost misfire when driving at low speeds. It was embarrassing to be kangarooing down the road in a 'luxury' SUV. This was somewhat solved with a software update by Audi after several months of waiting and seeing what the issue was. This was a well known issue with the 50tdi diesel.

The reason I wouldn't go for the hybrid is that you lose the 3rd row seats. I would rather have a better 5 seat hybrid (X5 for example) than an etron Q7. Of course, you have already said that the X5 is a no go...

Otherwise, make sure you get one with the air suspension - this is lovely thing to have and does make a difference to the ride and handling.
Thanks for that. Is the X5 45e or new Q7 55/60TFSIe worth the 20-30k premium over the pre-facelift Q7? I honestly don't think so, because I'll lose that £20k in depreciation during my ownership.
X5 hybrid only has 5 seats either, but the Q7 at least has a proper middle seat, which means an adult can fit between 2 car seats.
Will check out the Q7 forums. I'll have to find one locally then with a warranty rather than importing from Germany and risking financial ruin. Interestingly, the air suspension isn't covered by the warranty as it's a "consumable"....

Caporegime
Thanks for that. Is the X5 45e or new Q7 55/60TFSIe worth the 20-30k premium over the pre-facelift Q7? I honestly don't think so, because I'll lose that £20k in depreciation during my ownership.
X5 hybrid only has 5 seats either, but the Q7 at least has a proper middle seat, which means an adult can fit between 2 car seats.
Will check out the Q7 forums. I'll have to find one locally then with a warranty rather than importing from Germany and risking financial ruin. Interestingly, the air suspension isn't covered by the warranty as it's a "consumable"....

Thats shocking. My bosses last two Q7, leased from new for 3 years, were pretty faultless except both needed major air suspension work. His last he asked how much the bill would have been if it hadnt been covered by the new car warranty and was told £6,200!

For me the main reason for getting a warranty on a used one would be to cover the air suspension!

Back
Top Bottom