*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
£30 on origin at the moment so rebought after refunding it on release.

Seems much much better. Performance has improved significantly. Assault rifles are actually usable now.

will get a few matches in tonight.

Associate
I'd I'd refunded it I wouldn't have bought it back ! Got my copy cheap anyway on cdkeys so I'm not grumbling, I'll just play it occasionally until they add more maps

Associate
They have increased the discount to 40% off now !

Notably the new guy who has taken over from apex said earlier this week they are not ruling out making it free to play

V F

V F

Soldato

Notably the new guy who has taken over from apex said earlier this week they are not ruling out making it free to play

Damn. I'm holding out if they feel it's a complete flop. Been here before with Anthem and loved that game but EA does EA things sadly.

It also sounds like the fixes are too much of a lost cause.

Caporegime

:cry::cry::cry:

They'll ditch support for this game the first chance they can, all this "years of content" spiel will end up being 1 year max.

Caporegime
:cry::cry::cry:

They'll ditch support for this game the first chance they can, all this "years of content" spiel will end up being 1 year max.

They pretty much did that with BFV. Was going to be Russian campaign etc. It is difficult to manage though. I enjoyed the premium content of say BF3 as you had something new all the time.

I am actually surprised no one has released an FPS in mmo format where you pay a monthly sub. I would quite happily do that. They already have the background with portal. I understand Planetside 2 exists but it is completely different.

Soldato
I still think the initial release prices were silly. Given the state of the game I'd pay £20 for base I think. If it's going free to play then I wouldn't even bother.

V F

V F

Soldato
I still think the initial release prices were silly. Given the state of the game I'd pay £20 for base I think. If it's going free to play then I wouldn't even bother.

It's a sad state when it seems most triple A PVP games feels like hit and run scenarios these days. Make a killing on release then eventually abandon it for the next release. It feels like most games these days don't last longer than a year unless it's Fortnite. Everything feels short term for quick money with a short life. At the same time nobody wants to be unique anymore. Follow the herd.

Soldato
In my mind it's down to capitalism. The publishers and developers orient their business toward money generation rather than creativity. Just a result of modern society I guess.

V F

V F

Soldato
Sadly so many people's standards are getting lowered to this garbage way. Conditioned into thinking it's great. Then people move onto the next broken fad. Rinse and repeat then they forget what good games used to be like.

Associate
I'll cut straight to the point. Is this anywhere near as good as Battlefield 2?

Nope.
For me, it's cumbersome to navigate through the system, too many added sound effects like they previously did on some BF series. Looks fantastic in places but some maps are huge and for me (unsure if this is correct) always put me on a server thousands of miles away where my ping/connection or lag plays the game terrible.

For me, the best was 2, 3 and 4 the rest are terrible.

Soldato
Nope.
For me, it's cumbersome to navigate through the system, too many added sound effects like they previously did on some BF series. Looks fantastic in places but some maps are huge and for me (unsure if this is correct) always put me on a server thousands of miles away where my ping/connection or lag plays the game terrible.

For me, the best was 2, 3 and 4 the rest are terrible.
Thanks, I'll stick to Warzone & Modern Warfare

I was hoping 2042 would have some smaller maps similar to Karkland. Navigation is one of the things that should be perfect in a BF game.
At least I have the memories of BF2 (which I was a member of the 50Klicks clan for years) I put so many hours into BF2, what a game. The first true team multiplayer game

Soldato
Struggling with this, it plays fine for the most part, I get some stuttering on some maps which is annoying, it's just lacking the "BF feel" I guess is the best way of putting it.
I wish they'd just remake BF2 - 4.

Back
Top Bottom