Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Honestly, I'm not a fan of any single racer, I'm oddly a Lando supporter. I just absolutely loved this season and all the dirt it's thrown up. I came here to ruffle a few feathers and to those who bit. I genuinely am only messing. I accept the FIA has been an absolute mess all season. Hamiltons flat out pace is mind boggling and it's why he's a championship winner of 7 years.

All that aside, I've had an absolute blast watching this season. My wife has also indulged and become hooked because of this season and it's drama, this is what I wanted and I got it. So yea, I'm riding high right now.

exactly the same for me. its been amazing. so much better than any of the seasons since nico and lewis gave us a great season

Soldato

https://twitter.com/f1tricky/status/1470064535772053507?s=21

read the first sentence of that rule. Did those words go out on the messaging system?
If the exact phrase did then the rule applies

if that exact phrase didn’t then that rule does not apply.

no key and shown the exact words appearing on the messaging system.

Soldato
If he's not going to implement 48.12, then everyone lines up behind.
The worst that's going to happen is those cars which had a chance to unlap themselves but didn't (or were unable to do so safely) would get a meaningless penalty. If they were unable to do so then then Masi has some questions to answer.

But I don't see Mercedes have a foot to stand on regarding a penalty for Red Bull or change the outcome of the championship.

Soldato
That's not in the rules. The rules say either no one unlaps, or everyone does, and the Safety Car comes in one lap later. Neither of those things happened.

I appreciate that, was just poking some fun at EVHs post!

TBH, the saftey car coming in immediately seems the bigger transgression to me you could somehow maybe wangle the other one, but that seems a slam dunk.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

read the first sentence of that rule. Did those words go out on the messaging system?
If the exact phrase did then the rule applies

if that exact phrase didn’t then that rule does not apply.

no key and shown the exact words appearing on the messaging system.
Oh come off if, if the race director hasn’t shown the exact wording then the rule doesn’t apply?

Like trying to send someone off on a football pitch but you can’t because their name is misspelt on their jersey.

Caporegime
reading the rules, if 'any' was 'all' it would bbe a slam dunk rule break.
as it stands, it feels like its a rule break but its not 100% clear.

its inconsistent though. and shouldnt really have been done.

if only there was one more lap, all this would have been fine :D

Soldato
The worst that's going to happen is those cars which had a chance to unlap themselves but didn't (or were unable to do so safely) would get a penalty.

I don't see any rule which will result in a penalty for Red Bull or change the outcome of the championship.
Indeed, they can't penalise Red Bull or Max but they could argue the last laps weren't run in accordance with the rules and should be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom