Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's your opinion. He's still the greatest driver of all time. Whether you disagree that his antics make him otherwise is irrelevant. Stats ARE everything in sport, if they're not then you're just basing your opinion by fanboy emotion (which isn't a bad thing, but it is what it is).

On what planet? :cry:

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day...

Soldato
Holy ****, do they want people to hate them even more!?

"The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident of driver Nicholas Latifi, and the related communications between the FIA Race Direction team and the Formula 1 teams, have notably generated significant misunderstanding and reactions from Formula 1 teams, drivers and fans, an argument that is currently tarnishing the image of the Championship and the due celebration of the first Drivers' World Championship title won by Max Verstappen and the eighth consecutive Constructors' World Championship title won by Mercedes."

https://www.fia.com/news/statement-fia-world-motor-sport-council

I'm sorry the only misunderstanding is between Masi and the rules and the only tarnishing of the result was done by Masi and the themselves for not doing anything about it.

What a bunch of *****.

Guys, please, you don’t understand. Allow us to explain it to you

Soldato

"The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident of driver Nicholas Latifi, and the related communications between the FIA Race Direction team and the Formula 1 teams, have notably generated significant misunderstanding and reactions from Formula 1 teams, drivers and fans, an argument that is currently tarnishing the image of the Championship and the due celebration of the first Drivers' World Championship title won by Max Verstappen and the eighth consecutive Constructors' World Championship title won by Mercedes."

I'm sorry the only misunderstanding is between Masi and the rules and the only tarnishing of the result was done by Masi and the themselves for not doing anything about it.

What a bunch of *****.

Until they sort out the wrong person being gifted the WDC instead of winning it in the race under the rules, it's all just empty words.

Commissario
He's still the greatest driver of all time. Whether you disagree that his antics make him otherwise is irrelevant. Stats ARE everything in sport,
Let's look at the stats then.
Lewis and Michael have won the same number of championships. Lewis has more wins and more pole positions. Out of the other six categories, Michael is lower than Lewis on four of them.

Would you like to rethink your comment about Michael Schumacher being the greatest of all time? Because, as you say, stats ARE everything in sport.

Soldato

What a bunch of *****.

Utter b*****ks and completely tone deaf. Yet we wonder why the pinnacle championship of motorsport is in this mess in the first place.

<insert epic facepalm gif here>

Soldato
Conspiracy theory time -

Was the reason that Perez was suddenly and randomly retired to ensure that Merc still won the constructors whatever happened on the restart?

If we go full in on thinking up some crazy conspiracies, maybe that's the deal that was made between Red Bull and the FIA.
The conspiracy I read was that he was under fuelled so he could potentially disrupt Hamiltons race at the start. He had to retire as he was running out of fuel.

Caporegime
lol.jpg

LMAO^

Commissario

What a bunch of *****.

They’re not doing themselves any favours at all there.

Soldato
Conspiracy theory time -

Was the reason that Perez was suddenly and randomly retired to ensure that Merc still won the constructors whatever happened on the restart?

If we go full in on thinking up some crazy conspiracies, maybe that's the deal that was made between Red Bull and the FIA.
Didn’t Mercedes only need 17 points from the race to secure the WCC? So Hamilton finishing second would have done it regardless of where Perez finished.

Or was it 17 points more than RBR?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's a badly written statement.

For instance, the mention that it was Latifi's Williams was wholly unnecessary and only really serves to incite anger towards him (not that I've seen any anger toward him, but still). After all, why not just say "...The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident on lap 53, and the related communications..."

:confused:

Soldato

What a bunch of *****.
Prepare for the white wash, however is this not an admission that the rules and precedents were not followed.
This is not going to wash with the fans at all that is their problem they are so out of touch.

While I'm on, how does it look when a bunch of middle aged white men blatantly manipulate the result so that a young white man driving for a team run by middle aged white men wins against Lewis who's message is constantly you can achieve your dreams keep working. I hope nobody in the wider world picks up on this.
People are going to say don't dare pull the race card, but if it walks like a duck etc.

I say this as an oldish white man who by no means supports the blm stuff.

Soldato
It's a badly written statement.

For instance, the mention that it was Latifi's Williams was wholly unnecessary and only really serves to incite anger towards him (not that I've seen any anger toward him, but still). After all, why not just say "...The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident on lap 53, and the related communications..."

:confused:

Why would the FIA take responsibility when they can point fingers at everyone else? That's what they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom