Show us yer Turkey

Soldato
https://www.vox.com/2015/11/25/9795692/turkey-large-size-grown

stop buying turkeys and supporting disgusting practices like this

Wild turkeys can still walk normally and can still fly, they are also faster at running than disabled farm turkeys

Agreed, Will be my first year without any meat on my plate on christmas day, wont miss it, got an M&S fake meat thing which I tried last year and some vege gravy along with the usual suspects, still looking forward to it as never eat roasts anyway.

Soldato
if humans were breed for food we would all be wheel chair bound 50stone people who can barely do anything but gobble food.

Would need some dramatic genetic intervention for anything to care about farming stringy walking apes with incredibly slow growth just to get some drumsticks.

You spend 1 year raising a cow to get a 500kg animal for about a 300kg carcass

You spend 1 year raising a human for a 10kg blob that barely has the muscle to move itself.

Soldato
We are collecting our Kelly Bronze Turkey Crown up from Heart of England Farms on Christmas Eve : https://www.heartofenglandfarms.com/
We get one every year, think our 5kg is £112, so about £22 per Kg but they are soooooo nice :)

Here's last years

51767114184_3f4158d596_c.jpg

51766727098_d786eb69ef_c.jpg

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Also got a Kelly Bronze on the way, though mine is just a stuffed breast as there's only the two of us and the other half isn't the biggest fan of turkey.

Most turkey is overcooked because it's usually a battery turkey. Get a good free-to-roam turkey (like Kelly Bronze) and you can certainly notice the difference - they also take half the time to cook too!

Soldato
OP
Dead animals don't do it for me ,various nut roasts ,curried cauliflower and kale tartlets ect ect ,same roasts. potatoes veg and and trimmings
No thanks but each to their own. I'll be having turkey, lamb, pork, chicken, beef, seafood and fish over the next few days.

Man of Honour
indeed not. Who are these folks?

Turkey is still the most disappointing of all the roasts.

Who are they?
They’re an example of civilised Americans, even though he leans to the Right but she’s a registered Democrat.
Rita has been a very good strictly platonic friend of mine since I met her in Lisbon maybe 40 years ago.
I was there when she graduated from The Sorbonne in Paris.
No matter what relationships either of us were in and out of we always remained firm friends.
My girlfriend and and I were at Rita and Gianni’s wedding in Norwalk CT., my girlfriend was at her bachelorette night.
Both Gianni and Rita flew down to Florida and were witnesses at our wedding in Tampa FL.
Good people.

Soldato
No thanks but each to their own. I'll be having turkey, lamb, pork, chicken, beef, seafood and fish over the next few days.
I was the same pre 2014 and yes everyone to their own ,my own personal veiw now is that the animals don't have the same choice ,have 2 meet eaters in our gathering but they have pretty much insisted on a veggie xmas meal also ,there will be more doing veganuary next year and more each year will come over to the light side ,some for the environment ,some ethical ,some health or all 3

Soldato
No turkey in this house, it’ll be steak and chips as usual. Got some nice ribeye from the local farm shop (I’ve probably seen it standing in the field over the river earlier in the year)

Soldato
We ordered a medium/large turkey online at Sainsburys but they subistuted it for an extra large one - currently defrosting as we speak, takes 3 days apparently.

Soldato
I agree with people saying its crap meat, which it is imo. Tastes metallic to me. Anyway, to those who say it always dry, it has been cooked wrong. It's all about the continuous basting throughout cooking and preferably cooked upside down and only turned breast up at the end to crisp the skin for 30 mins or so. Subscribe to Droolingimps Butchery, fish mongering and carvery chef top tips for more.

Soldato
I agree with people saying its crap meat, which it is imo. Tastes metallic to me. Anyway, to those who say it always dry, it has been cooked wrong. It's all about the continuous basting throughout cooking and preferably cooked upside down and only turned breast up at the end to crisp the skin for 30 mins or so. Subscribe to Droolingimps Butchery, fish mongering and carvery chef top tips for more.

Don't want to break it to you but you've been eating the tinfoil that the bird has been roasted in :o:p

Back
Top Bottom