HUGE UK Broadband and Mobile Price Hikes in 2022

Soldato
Mine expires in March so guess paying little extra, don't really have a huge choice of speeds in my area other than Virgin but wasn't impressed with them from years ago.

50GB per DAY? You can get unlimited SIMs but I think they're a bit more than £10. And 5G coverage, unless you're in a big city is really nonexistent.

I live in Stafford which has a population of 60,000, so just a big town really, and my 5G phone on fast.com says that I can receive 200Mbit from my 1st floor windows. My existing fibre contract is up this April, so I will check 5G prices again then, but at the time of writing this, the Three web site said that I can get 200Mbit for £30/month with no upfront cost.

Associate
I live in Stafford which has a population of 60,000, so just a big town really, and my 5G phone on fast.com says that I can receive 200Mbit from my 1st floor windows. My existing fibre contract is up this April, so I will check 5G prices again then, but at the time of writing this, the Three web site said that I can get 200Mbit for £30/month with no upfront cost.

Same deal if you go 3 unlimited sim only via topcashback, it will cost you £10.50 a month on a one year contract.
You'll need to sort out you're own router.

Soldato
Same deal if you go 3 unlimited sim only via topcashback, it will cost you £10.50 a month on a one year contract.
You'll need to sort out you're own router.

Sometimes works out cheaper to take their 12 month contract with the CPE Pro thrown in, they had it half price for 6 months, then £34 per month last time I look for someone else, which means £306 for the full 12 months including the router, so you are only paying ~£200 for the actual hardware.

I haz 4090!
Don
Cost of living looks like it is going to climb significantly in 2022 :( and those that are going to be hit hardest will be those least able to afford it.

Yep, it's incredibly sad how it will affect the poorest the most. I'm going to donate more to food banks this year.

Man of Honour
The whole standard x.xx% above inflation is just crap. Why should they be allowed to just set it by some arbitrary percentage above inflation

The irony is, prior to the regulatory intervention on price rises, most contracts were capped at inflation without cancelling, and discretionary whether they applied the price rise or not.

People complained when the operators invoked the clause once every 3 or 5 years, and what we have now is what the regulator put in place to make it 'Fairer for customers' by stating it had to apply annually, and it had to be a fixed increase value.

Back
Top Bottom