XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Just checking....

I've bought my lad a series X for Christmas, I have setup an XBox account and gamertag ready. I plan on getting game pass ultimate using the 'convert xbox live gold membership to ultimate' way of things.

I have bought 2X 12 month xbox gold subs and was wondering if I could redeem and upgrade it to ultimate now before actually opening and turning on the xbox. Reason behind this is that its a little less "faffing" on the big day and also I can take advantage of ultimate on my PC now :)

I think it should be okay but just wanted to check before doing it and possibly wasting the gold subs.

Associate
Just checking....

I've bought my lad a series X for Christmas, I have setup an XBox account and gamertag ready. I plan on getting game pass ultimate using the 'convert xbox live gold membership to ultimate' way of things.

I have bought 2X 12 month xbox gold subs and was wondering if I could redeem and upgrade it to ultimate now before actually opening and turning on the xbox. Reason behind this is that its a little less "faffing" on the big day and also I can take advantage of ultimate on my PC now :)

I think it should be okay but just wanted to check before doing it and possibly wasting the gold subs.

Cannot see why not ! just log into the microsoft account on pc and redeem the gold subs first and then if you are offered the 1 pound upgrade then do that also after but if not then purchase 1 month of gpu and then redeem that.

Permabanned
So, I bought 3 months of gold but when I redeemed it instead of giving me the 3 months it auto changed it to a single month of game pass ultimate? Im guessing its because it was done through the app on my PC and not the website? Its done now but Im going to need to figure out how to do it going forward.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, I bought 3 months of gold but when I redeemed it instead of giving me the 3 months it auto changed it to a single month of game pass ultimate? Im guessing its because it was done through the app on my PC and not the website? Its done now but Im going to need to figure out how to do it going forward.
MS have changed how Gold converts to GPU. I'm guessing a lot of people were abusing the system (I know I did :cry:)

Soldato
We're you still subscribed or not when you redeemed it?

Soldato
Does this still work today, i.e. a 1 to 1 conversion of gold to ultimate, regardless of whether you buy Brazilian or UK gold subs when you then purchase an ultimate trial for £1?

Associate
If I have a current subscription to Gamepass Ultimate anybody know what would happen if I applied a 6 month gold code?
Thibk you need to wait for it to expire and turn off the monthly sub, otherwise it'll convert it to ultimate using a ratio rather than 1 to 1(from what another member said when he tried it)

Associate
I was going to get a subscription for my kids for Xmas - just ran through the instructions here and it worked an absolute charm. The steps have been posted before, but here's what I did exactly to get it, and save anyone browsing back through the thread:

1. Purchase 3 x 12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP BRAZIL from cdkeys.
2. Grab the keys and put them in notepad.
3. Download the tunnelbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.
4. Redeem the 3 keys, one after the other on: https://redeem.microsoft.com/
5. Disconnect from the VPN
6. Go to here: Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox
7. Upgrade it through that.
8. Go here to confirm all is good: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions
9. Turn off the automatic renewal from the same place.

That was it - completely issue free. Cheers to everyone here for saving me an absolute fortune :D :D :D

Just used this successfully, appreciate the tips!

Back
Top Bottom