Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 3rd January 2022]

Don
Could have won and could have lost today. Frustrating to not have won having been 2-0 up but at no point in the game did we have any control in midfield and although we looked like we could hurt them on the break and on the whole defended well, you can't just keep defending attack after attack for 90 minutes and expect not to concede.

I said it after Spurs and it was just as true today (and vs West Ham & Brighton) but we badly miss Thiago in these games. It's no coincidence that in every game where we've been wide open in midfield, he's not been available. Without Gini, Thiago is the one player in our side that can put his foot on the ball and retain possession for us in these fast and frantic matches. Being without Firmino today only added to the issue - having him available to drop into midfield and give us an extra man in there wouldn't have gone amiss either.

Caporegime
Hopefully we can stay too 4 comfortably and challenge for a few cups.
Pray the injury and Covid issues don’t strike around crucial games, completely derailed us

Decent enough watch though

Caporegime
Kovacic MOTM? Been excellent today.

Better than I've ever seen Jorginho play, albeit slightly different roles.

The Tyler Neville duo deep throating their mics at the notion of Chelsea goals was a bit painful to listen to. The utter disappointment in Neville's voice on Salah's goal compared to the two Chelsea goals is hilarious

Associate
It’s just end to end, frantic football with little to no in game management or control. We won’t win another title playing like this even if it is exciting to watch.

Who cares, that's what we all as fans want to see. Whenever teams haven't won the league for years and suffered managers like Roy they all say we don't care about winning things we want exciting football in XYZ style. Just like you hear from United fans now. Anyway I still think City will have a big blip and struggle for goals and Liverpool will be placed to reel them in.

Don
Who cares, that's what we all as fans want to see. Whenever teams haven't won the league for years and suffered managers like Roy they all say we don't care about winning things we want exciting football in XYZ style. Just like you hear from United fans now. Anyway I still think City will have a big blip and struggle for goals and Liverpool will be placed to reel them in.

You could argue that would be possible if they had one single goal scorer but they would need around 8 players to go through a dry spell in front of goal, they’ve played all the bigger teams away and are still 10 points clear. I think they’ll win it very comfortably. Can’t see where their next loss will be

Permabanned
You could argue that would be possible if they had one single goal scorer but they would need around 8 players to go through a dry spell in front of goal, they’ve played all the bigger teams away and are still 10 points clear. I think they’ll win it very comfortably. Can’t see where their next loss will be

Arsenal would have beaten them but for a dive.

Associate

:(

They will have a bad spell against the lower clubs. They could easily drop points against Spurs and I'm going for back to back losses against Man United and Everton ;)

Back
Top Bottom