• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
130 watts and requires that extra power connector.....looks more geared for the gaming scene. Still at least its coming out, just wanted a low power gpu with 10bit+, 4K HDR but guess maybe intels gpu might do better here.

Soldato
Because if it’s no better than a 2060, and isn’t really any cheaper than that at launch then you can’t really scream ‘look how great we are’ can you?

The MSRP of a 2060 was $350, so a 3050 isn’t exactly good value is it.

Soldato
Do you ever get this feeling that we are going backwards ( lower specs / higher prices )

it’s because the last 2+ years have shown them they can charge whatever they like for their products, so they can now dress mutton up as lamb and it’ll still sell.

Soldato
I’ve got a 6700xt currently but I barely use my PC. If these were available for sensible money I would go for it. What’s the betting they will be more like £400 though, in which case a waste of time.

Associate
I would give it a month and see how intels new cards are if nothing else it might free up nvidia supply and help prices

Unfortunately you know these will be sold out before Intel can bring products to market. Them still having not released specs for desktop GPUs is not ideal as it's a gamble waiting, and we know AMD's offering looks pathetic even if it sells at £200

Fingers crossed these suck at mining.

C64

C64

Soldato
There's more demand than supply for years to come there's only one way this is going to go.
People will buy them up and sell for more.

Back
Top Bottom